Specialist - Clinical Transform
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Specialist - Clinical Transform - Management Information Systems - FT Days M-F 8 - 4:30pm - Lourdes Hospital - Binghamton, NY
Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
Why Join Ascension?
Lourdes, based in Binghamton, New York, is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities. The main hospital campus includes medical, surgical and specialty nursing units, an Ambulatory Care Center, Breast Care Center, a Regional Cancer Center and numerous specialty practices. Reaching beyond the main hospital campus, Lourdes has established a network of primary care providers at 12 convenient sites throughout the region; and the Lourdes at Home and Hospice programs which care for patients in their homes and various nursing facilities. Two mobile mammography vans, a dental van and a medical services van deliver health services out into the region, making health care more easily accessible to surrounding communities.
Lourdes is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Clinical Transformation Specialist with Lourdes Hospital, you will have the opportunity to provide physician practice workflow transformation guidance, workflow change management direction, and identifies information gaps in existing clinical processes as they relate to implementation and optimization of electronic medical record systems.
- Guide the adoption and evaluation activities for physician clinic practice sites to identify non-standard or non-compliant workflows and information gaps. Assess current system issues and provides training to leverage electronic medical record functionality that supports practice standards and patient outcomes.
- Collaborate with the local leadership and physician clinic practice leadership to enhance the training experience and identify adoption and optimization strategies in order to achieve expected outcomes.
- Provide ongoing electronic medical record application upgrades or new feature training to the physician practices and new associate training.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with practice users to ensure optimal utilization of clinical applications in support of Ascension Physician Services application goals.
- Identify non-standard and non-compliant workflows, information gaps, assesses current system issues, and provides remediation training to leverage system functionality that supports AMG practice standards and optimal patient outcomes.
- Review reports and clinic operations workflows to identify opportunities for optimization and process improvement. Proactively engages operations managers to develop improvement plans to achieve optimization, key performance metrics and process improvement goals.
- Provide system training, support and workflow optimization for new and existing users.
- Identify and facilitates escalation of EMR related operational issues to the appropriate parties (local directors).
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- None Required.
Education & Work Experience:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience preferred.
- Electronic Medical Record experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital (Lourdes) complies with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Lourdes are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Lourdes does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Lourdes is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.