SIMON | Aggregate Laborer-Lummis
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Colas
Honesty, pride, respect-these are the values the pioneers of the frontier West lived by. Over 100 years later, they are the same values that drive Simon today. It is a way of working-the right way-that has stood the test of time, and allowed us to help shape the landscape since 1954.
What we do is bigger than construction. It is about connecting communities, building new roads to the future, and keeping the spirit of the pioneers alive and well.
Simon specializes in aggregates, asphalt and ready-mix concrete production, asphalt paving, and concrete, bridge, highway, and utility construction. Simon has strong local ties backed by global resources, focusing on quality and value to deliver the best products and services for our clients.
Supports plant production operations by performing physical work required to maintain consistent operation of plant and equipment.
Ideal candidates should enjoy working outdoors (all weather conditions) in a challenging and regularly changing environment, performing a variety of manual tasks, and supporting a team of professionals in achieving daily production goals.
• Support the Simon safety culture and other Company strategic initiatives
• Observe safety procedures, report potentially unsafe conditions, and use equipment and materials properly
• Perform manual/physical tasks required in plant operation and maintenance activities
• Work closely with plant operators, equipment operators, drivers and others in completion of assigned tasks
• Perform minor equipment maintenance and repair, including lubrication, replacing oil/fluids, and re-fueling
• Drive company vehicles to worksites and company locations when authorized
• Complete other related projects/tasks as assigned
Qualifications, Education, Skills and Experience:
• High school diploma or GED preferred
• Prior experience working in construction, mining or similar industry preferred
• Valid drivers' license with ability to maintain a clean driving history required
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
• Wears and maintains personal protective equipment (PPE) as required
• Regularly required to lift and /or move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance
• Regularly required to use hands to manipulate objects
• Regularly required to communicate (talk and hear)
• Frequently required to stand for long periods and walk across uneven terrain
• Frequently required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
• Regularly required to stand/work on feet for long periods, and walk across uneven terrain
• Frequent exposure to loud noise
• Occasionally exposed to working from high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock
• Mining environment; regularly exposed to all outdoor weather conditions, dust, airborne particles, fuel/chemicals, loud noise, moving equipment/parts, and vibration
Workplace Values Requirements:
• Support, promote, and practice Simon core values, vision, and mission
• Support, promote, and comply with Simon Code of Ethics, Workplace Conduct, Safety, and other established policies at all times
• Embrace the Company's safety culture, actively support all safety initiatives, and adhere to defined accountabilities implemented by the Safety Steering and Continuous Improvement teams
• Align personal vision and goals with larger goals of the Company
• Support continuous improvement to improve Simon processes, performance, safety, and overall success
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Simon is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to promoting diversity and maintaining a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to ensure that applicants are considered for employment based on their qualifications without regard to their race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, sexual orientation, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), immigration status, citizenship, genetic information, medical conditions, protected veteran status, uniform service member status, familial status, marital status, registered domestic partner status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants and provide a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. This Policy applies to aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here and here . For notification on E-Verify click here and for information on Right to Work, click here. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Simon at or send an e-mail to: .
Simon will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here .