SIMON | Director of Equipment-Cheyenne, WY
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Colas
Honesty, pride, respect-these are the values the pioneers of the frontier West lived by. Over 100 years later, they are the same values that drive Simon today. It is a way of working-the right way-that has stood the test of time, and allowed us to help shape the landscape since 1954.
What we do is bigger than construction. It is about connecting communities, building new roads to the future, and keeping the spirit of the pioneers alive and well.
Simon specializes in aggregates, asphalt and ready-mix concrete production, asphalt paving, and concrete, bridge, highway, and utility construction. Simon has strong local ties backed by global resources, focusing on quality and value to deliver the best products and services for our clients.
Directs the management of company equipment and mobile assets including procurement activities, preventative maintenance, repair/replacement and safety assurance. Manages the records, licenses, inspections, warranties, and service agreements for the organization's equipment and tools. Minimizes organizational cost through product standardization and tracking.
• Set the equipment procurement and management strategy for the company in conjunction with the leadership team
• Manage procurement processes, including preparation of investment budgets and reports, qualification of projects, cost tracking, purchasing, transferring, and divestment
• Analyze, negotiate and oversee the maintenance, purchase or lease of equipment based on the annual capital budget
• Analyze life cycle and utilization rates making recommendations on replacement, addition and/or sale of assets as needed; manages divestiture of assets
• Negotiate and oversee equipment rental agreements
• Work closely with maintenance shop managers to support construction shops with rentals, equipment accounting, capital expenditures, and maintenance programs
• Prepare and maintain equipment maintenance standard operating procedures
• Implement and maintain fleet maintenance and fleet management systems
• Organize and coordinate management of maintenance budgets throughout all regions; make recommendations regarding equipment repair and replacement, vendor agreements, and cross-functional use of assets
• Manage records, licenses, inspections, warranties, and service agreements for the organization's equipment and tools
• Work closely with regional leadership to develop regional energy forecasts, tracking consumption, promoting the use of newer more efficient equipment and processes, and providing practical efficiency solutions to problem areas
• Drive the Simon safety culture and ensure highest standards are maintained in terms of safety, quality, and efficiency
• Actively support and lead Company initiatives related to safety, performance, and employee development
• Establish and implement key performance indicators and utilize them to manage assigned area
Qualifications, Education, Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum of 10 years of experience construction, manufacturing, or related field preferred
• Ability to analyze large amounts of data, and compile relevant information used in making business decisions
• Effective interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
• Experience managing budgets and performing financial analysis
• Self-directed, results-oriented, and highly motivated, requiring minimal direct guidance
• Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, problem-solve, and work under pressure of deadlines
• Valid drivers' license and ability to maintain a clean motor vehicle record required
• Proficient computer skills, including use of MS Office products, and familiarity with ERP Systems (preferably JD Edwards)
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
• Wear and maintain personal protective equipment (PPE) as required by company safety guidelines
• Occasionally required to lift and /or move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance
• Regularly required to use hands to feel, handle and manipulate objects
• Regularly required to communicate (talk and hear)
• Frequently required to sit and use a computer for long periods
• Occasional work in close proximity to heavy equipment and machinery
• Occasional exposure to typical construction/industrial sites, including dust and loud noise, and all weather conditions
• Most work performed in an office environment; quiet to moderate noise level
• Occasionally required to stand and walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; visiting work sites may require walking over uneven terrain and some exposure to dust, chemicals and loud noise
• Frequent travel with overnight stays away from home may be required
Workplace Values Requirements:
• Support, promote, and practice Simon core values, vision, and mission
• Support, promote, and comply with Simon Code of Ethics, Workplace Conduct, Safety, and other established policies
• Embrace the Company's safety culture, actively support all safety initiatives, and adhere to defined accountabilities implemented by the Safety Steering and Continuous Improvement teams
• Align personal vision and goals with larger goals of the Company
• Support continuous improvement to improve Simon processes, performance, safety, and overall success
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Simon is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to promoting diversity and maintaining a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to ensure that applicants are considered for employment based on their qualifications without regard to their race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, sexual orientation, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), immigration status, citizenship, genetic information, medical conditions, protected veteran status, uniform service member status, familial status, marital status, registered domestic partner status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants and provide a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. This Policy applies to aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here and here . For notification on E-Verify click here and for information on Right to Work, click here. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Simon at or send an e-mail to: .
Simon will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here .