Financial Data Analyst
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Colas
Investing in your tomorrow starts right here
Are you interested in an opportunity working for a company that puts the safety of their employees first, then you have stopped at the right careers site. Colas USA companies are part of the Colas Group, the worldwide leader in transportation infrastructure construction and maintenance. The Colas Group is active in the construction and maintenance of road, air, rail and maritime transport infrastructure, urban development projects and recreational facilities. With 70,000 employees throughout 1,400 business units in 40 countries on 5 continents, the Colas Group carries out over 100,000 projects each year.
Colas Inc. offers competitive salary and benefits packages, along with in-house training, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Must be able to meet all safety requirements including pre-employment fit and drug/alcohol testing.
The Financial Data Analyst is responsible for performing routine financial analysis using various techniques, such as statistical analysis, importing, transforming, validating, analyzing and modeling data relating to Colas Inc.'s Business needs.
- Perform budget, variance and cost analysis and assist with the formulation of key drivers
- Assist with the development of easy to digest charts and graphs using KPI Dashboards and KPI Reports
- Collect information provided by Subsidiaries and verify their accuracy
- Update monthly/yearly reporting and presentations for management
- Interface with management to develop recommendations regarding business planning, operating forecasts, and financial plans
- Assist with special projects, analysis and other duties as assigned by manager
- Synthesize complex or diverse information
- Collect and researches data including but not limited to micro and macroeconomics industry drivers
- Use intuition and experience to complement data
- Design work flows and procedures
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Bachelor's Degree in data analytics or data science preferred.
- Experience with Anaplan and JD Edwards a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills including Macros
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm and attention to details
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and problem-solving methods
- Must be able to analyze large data sets
- Must be an analytical thinker with inclination for problem-solving
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Colas Inc. at or send an e-mail to:
Colas Inc. will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here .