Groundsman / Laborer
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Colas
The road to your future starts with Barrett Industries
Since 1854, Barrett Industries has been a leader in providing infrastructure solutions throughout the United States. Through our subsidiary companies, including Barrett Paving Materials Inc., we serve everyone from small contractors to government agencies and Fortune 500 companies. Barrett Industries Corporation is an infrastructure construction holding company with a vertically integrated value chain including quarries, sand and gravel operations, asphalt cement storage terminals, hot mix asphalt plants, trucking, asphalt emulsions, asphalt paving, and pavement preservation.
Barrett Paving Materials Inc. upholds the highest standards of Safety, Environmental Stewardship, and Ethical Conduct. We provide advanced solutions for our customer's needs while having a positive impact on our local communities, generating sustainable growth, and long-term value for our shareholders. Our mission is to strengthen and grow our infrastructure products and services by empowering and developing our people, fostering innovation, utilizing new technology, and maximizing vertical integration at all levels of the company's value chain. We operate through various companies in the Northeast and the Midwest. We are strong, stable, and growing.
"We Build the Roads You Travel"
Asphalt Plant/Limestone Quarry Groundman - Watertown Location
Job Description Summary
The selected candidate will be required to work in a team environment with other co-workers and managers.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project.
- Maintain grounds (grass weeds, fences, gate areas and rails/rail ties).
- Operate and maintain various vehicles, machinery and other equipment used at the site to keep areas clean and safe.
- Lift, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies.
- Responsible for upkeep of tools and work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Pass a pre-employment "Fit for Work" physical.
- Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Be able to work overtime.
- Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Must have valid driver's license and meet the qualifications of the fleet safety program.
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
- Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
- Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Previous related experience in asphalt manufacturing, concrete manufacturing or the construction field is preferred.
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Barrett Paving Materials Inc. at or send an e-mail to: .
Barrett Paving Materials Inc. will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here .