Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Colas
- The Shop mechanic is responsible for maintenance and repairs to various pieces of construction equipment.
- Assist Shop Manager to insure that all equipment is operating with all safety equipment in place and operable.
- Assist Shop Manager to insure that all equipment is operating within complete compliance of all environmental regulations relative to maintenance.
- Assist Shop Manager to insure that all maintenance operations being performed and/or observed are performed meeting the highest level of safety.
- Can perform work on equipment without direct supervision.
- Able to troubleshoot and repair various issues involved in mobile equipment.
- Will assist in data collecting for maintenance databases.
- Has ability to research issues to find a solution.
- Has knowledge and experience of heavy equipment repairs. Also the ability to work on various types of on and off road pieces.
- Communicate openly with the location Superintendents as well as location staff while maintaining the organization chain of command through the respective manager.
Education and Minimum Experience: List the minimum level of experience required to perform this job. Clearly define the number of years of experience and the areas of expertise this experience could be in. Include special training, and certification requirements
- Valid driver's license
- Associates degree within Diesel or equipment field or two years' experience in the industry.
- Solid knowledge of Diesel and equipment mechanics.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Competencies necessary to perform the position successfully
- Good coordination and communication skills.
- Aptitude for hands-on work.
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme conditions.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Responsible, reliable and dependable