Director of Quality Assurance
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Colas
HRI, INC. - IA CONSTRUCTION
MIDLAND - SPRING CREEK CORP.
STRAWSER CONSTRUCTION INC.
SOUTHERN OHIO PAVING - UPSTONE MATERIALS
The road to your future starts with Barrett Industries
Since 1854, Barrett Industries has been a leader in providing infrastructure solutions throughout the United States. Through our subsidiary companies, we serve everyone from small contractors to government agencies and Fortune 500 companies. Barrett Industries Corporation is an infrastructure construction holding company with a vertically integrated value chain including quarries, sand and gravel operations, asphalt cement storage terminals, hot mix asphalt plants, trucking, asphalt emulsions, asphalt paving, and pavement preservation.
Barrett Industries Corporation upholds the highest standards of Safety, Environmental Stewardship, and Ethical Conduct. We provide advanced solutions for our customer's needs while having a positive impact on our local communities, generating sustainable growth, and long-term value for our shareholders. Our mission is to strengthen and grow our infrastructure products and services by empowering and developing our people, fostering innovation, utilizing new technology, and maximizing vertical integration at all levels of the company's value chain. We operate through various companies in the Northeast and the Midwest. We are strong, stable, and growing.
"We Build the Roads You Travel"
Reporting to the President, the Quality Assurance Director is responsible for assuring quality products and processes by establishing and enforcing quality standards and testing materials and products. The Quality Assurance Director is responsible for interacting with the Region Managers and Quality Managers in each region of the Company to ensure standards, processes, and testing procedures are consistent across the organization.
Description of Duties
This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, local, and company safety policies and procedures.
- Establishes quality and reliability standards by studying product and consumer requirements with other members of management and with production operators, technicians, and engineers
- Establishes raw material standards by studying manufacturing and engineering requirements; conferring and negotiating with suppliers; devising testing methods and procedures.
- Reviews standards for the disposition of finished product by ensuring evaluation tests, methods, and procedures are followed by technicians.
- Maintains product quality documentation system by writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Maintains product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies and procedures and government requirements; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs and manufacturing and training methods.
- Prepares product/material and process quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Works to improve efficiency and profitability by reducing waste.
- Manages quality assurance staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Act as liaison and main point of contact with federal, state, and local agencies with regards to quality opportunities for the company.
- Perform all other duties deemed necessary or assigned
BS in Engineering, Construction, Materials Science or related fields or equivalent work experience.
Minimum of 10 years of QA/QC leadership experience preferably in the construction or aggregates industry.
- Safe driving record
- Excellent people management and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented with ability to analyze information and make decisions based on data
- Must possess a high level of organization with the ability to multi-task and problem solve complex issues.
- Understanding of manufacturing methods and procedures associated with hot mix asphalt, aggregates and ready mix concrete.
- Ability to promote process improvement, develop standards, and manage processes.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from management in group settings.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships internal and external to the company
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Barrett Industries at or send an e-mail to: .
Barrett Industries will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here .