Plant Maintenance Laborer
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Colas
Since 1854, Barrett Industries has been a leader in providing infrastructure solutions throughout the United States. Through our subsidiary companies, including Midland, we serve everyone from small contractors to government agencies and Fortune 500 companies. Barrett Industries Corporation is an infrastructure construction holding company with a vertically integrated value chain including quarries, sand and gravel operations, asphalt cement storage terminals, hot mix asphalt plants, trucking, asphalt emulsions, asphalt paving, and pavement preservation.
Midland upholds the highest standards of Safety, Environmental Stewardship, and Ethical Conduct. We provide advanced solutions for our customer's needs while having a positive impact on our local communities, generating sustainable growth, and long-term value for our shareholders. Our mission is to strengthen and grow our infrastructure products and services by empowering and developing our people, fostering innovation, utilizing new technology, and maximizing vertical integration at all levels of the company's value chain. We operate through various companies in the Northeast and the Midwest. We are strong, stable, and growing.
"We Build the Roads You Travel"
Midland Asphalt Materials Inc., a subsidiary of Barrett Industries Corporation, provides advanced pavement preservation solutions for our customers' needs. We are currently looking for a Plant Maintenance Laborer in Clearfield, PA. Under the supervision of the Plant Managers, this person will provide a broad range of maintenance to the Emulsions Plant including the inspection, troubleshooting, and repairs to a variety of asphalt plant equipment to ensure productivity.
- Perform repairs and maintenance on production equipment including but not limited to: oil pump piping system, valves, agitators, belts etc.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on production equipment and keep a log of said preventative maintenance program
- Troubleshoot production operations to diagnose and repair issues: analyze data, check readings and gauges, observe equipment
- Order/Seek order approval of equipment parts and supplies
- Respond to emergency calls regarding equipment repairs as required
- Maintain general cleanliness and general maintenance of the plant
- Perform other duties as assigned to assist in the plant operations
- Must have a valid driver's license and good driving record
- 3-5 years of maintenance experience with electrical and welding skills preferred
- Must adhere to all Midland safety regulations
- Must be able to lift 65 pounds and climb stairs
- Be proficient in basic math and computer skills
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Possess the ability to be a self-starter, take initiative and problem solve
- Able to work and thrive in a fast paced, teamwork environment
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Midland at or send an e-mail to: .
Midland will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here .