Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Colas
The road to your future starts with Midland
Since 1854, Barrett Industries has been a leader in providing infrastructure solutions throughout the United States. Through our subsidiary companies, including Midland, we serve everyone from small contractors to government agencies and Fortune 500 companies. Barrett Industries Corporation is an infrastructure construction holding company with a vertically integrated value chain including quarries, sand and gravel operations, asphalt cement storage terminals, hot mix asphalt plants, trucking, asphalt emulsions, asphalt paving, and pavement preservation.
Midland upholds the highest standards of Safety, Environmental Stewardship, and Ethical Conduct. We provide advanced solutions for our customer's needs while having a positive impact on our local communities, generating sustainable growth, and long-term value for our shareholders. Our mission is to strengthen and grow our infrastructure products and services by empowering and developing our people, fostering innovation, utilizing new technology, and maximizing vertical integration at all levels of the company's value chain. We operate through various companies in the Northeast and the Midwest. We are strong, stable, and growing.
"We Build the Roads You Travel"
Midland Asphalt Materials Inc. provides advanced pavement preservation solutions for our customers' needs. We are currently seeking a Lab Technician for our Lyons, NY facility. This is a full time, seasonal position.
- Perform laboratory tests to meet Agency Specifications.
- Set up, adjust, and operate laboratory equipment and instruments such as viscometers, penetrometer, ductility machines, mixers, ovens, and other equipment.
- Test materials used as ingredients in emulsions and other asphalt products for such qualities as purity, stability, viscosity, density, absorption, and melting or flash point.
- Examine and analyze aggregates for design purposes.
- Record test results on standardized forms and writes test reports describing procedures used, process design, maintains time, and testing records.
- Recommend adjustments to formulas and design processes based on test results with QC/QA manager approval.
- Clean, maintain, and calibrate laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Degree in a related field and/or lab experience preferred
- Must have a valid driver's license with a good driving record
- Excellent computer skills required
- Some overnight travel may be required
- Must adhere to all Midland safety regulations
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Midland at or send an e-mail to: .
Midland will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here .