Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Colas
HRI, INC. - IA CONSTRUCTION
MIDLAND - SPRING CREEK CORP.
STRAWSER CONSTRUCTION INC.
SOUTHERN OHIO PAVING - UPSTONE MATERIALS
The road to your future starts with Barrett Industries
Since 1854, Barrett Industries has been a leader in providing infrastructure solutions throughout the United States. Through our subsidiary companies, we serve everyone from small contractors to government agencies and Fortune 500 companies. Barrett Industries Corporation is an infrastructure construction holding company with a vertically integrated value chain including quarries, sand and gravel operations, asphalt cement storage terminals, hot mix asphalt plants, trucking, asphalt emulsions, asphalt paving, and pavement preservation.
Barrett Industries Corporation upholds the highest standards of Safety, Environmental Stewardship, and Ethical Conduct. We provide advanced solutions for our customer's needs while having a positive impact on our local communities, generating sustainable growth, and long-term value for our shareholders. Our mission is to strengthen and grow our infrastructure products and services by empowering and developing our people, fostering innovation, utilizing new technology, and maximizing vertical integration at all levels of the company's value chain. We operate through various companies in the Northeast and the Midwest. We are strong, stable, and growing.
"We Build the Roads You Travel"
We are currently looking for an experienced Staff Accountant to support our operations headquartered in Roseland, NJ. Reporting directly to the Assistant Corporate Controller, this position will be actively involved in monthly financial reporting, account reconciliations, fixed asset accounting, tax preparation, and other accounting functions.
- Prepare and assist with monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting.
- Prepare reconciliations and journal entries as needed to ensure accuracy of the general ledger.
- Support the Corporate Financial department in the areas of accounts payable, cash management, sales/use tax, and fixed asset accounting.
- Reconciles and balances accounts.
- Assist tax accountants with filing of federal, state and local payroll tax returns.
- Assist with quarterly and annual reporting of payroll taxes and W-2s.
- Reconciles bank statements.
- Reconciles report discrepancies and problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance required.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience. Experience with payroll and payroll taxes preferred.
- Experience with all Microsoft Office Applications.
- Experience using financial accounting software
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be able to create and implement work plans, budgets and financial plans, prepare written materials, and articulate goals and action plans
- Strong Written/ Oral and Interpersonal Communication Skills; ability to write and communicate complex information in an easily comprehensible manner
- High degree of professionalism; ability to communicate with confidence and tact
- Ability to influence others, resolve problems, and manage conflict in a positive manner
- Willing to learn and take on additional responsibilities
- Creativity and sense of humor a plus
- Preferred Qualifications: CPA, CMA or CCIFP
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Barrett Industries at or send an e-mail to: .
Barrett Industries will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here .
$50k - $90k Annual
$51.2k - $65.3k Annual