BRANSCOME INC | Transfer Machine Operator - Hampton Roads
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Colas
Operates material transfer machine to transfer asphalt from dump truck to asphalt paver
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all federal, state, local and company safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
- Transfer material from dump truck to asphalt paver
- Perform pre-equipment inspection
- Perform routine machine maintenance including greasing the fittings and checking all fluids
- Oil, grease, service and make normal operating adjustments to equipment
- Clean asphalt out of machine at the end of the day
- May require on loading and offloading machine onto lowboys
- Perform all other duties deemed necessary or assigned.
- Minimum one year previous experience (preferred)
- Experience working in and around construction sites
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
- Basic knowledge of various grade situations and grade ability to obtain correct drainage.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Standing 5% fo time
- Walking 5% fo time
- Sitting 60% of time
- Stooping 5% of time
- Climbing 5% fo time
While performing the duties of this job: the employee is regularly exposed to: Moving mechanical parts, extremes of hot and cold weather, and vibration
The employee is frequently exposed to: Fumes or airborne particles
The employee is occasionally exposed to: Wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Branscome Inc. is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to promoting diversity and maintaining a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to ensure that applicants are considered for employment based on their qualifications without regard to their race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, sexual orientation, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mentaldisability, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions),immigration status, citizenship, genetic information, medical conditions, protected veteran status, uniform service member status, familial status, marital status, registered domestic partner status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants and provide a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. This Policy applies to aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here and here . For notification on E-Verify click here and for information on Right to Work, click here.
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Branscome Inc. at or send an e-mail to: .
Branscome Inc. will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here .
Don't have an email address?
Click here to create one!