BRANSCOME INC | Excavator Operator - Eastern Shore
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Colas
Operate hydraulic tracked or rubber tire excavator to excavate, load materials to complete all phases of utility work.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all federal, state, local and company safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
- Have a working knowledge of trenching techniques and regulations
- Must be familiar with operation and limitations of various sizes and types of excavators.
- Excavate material in order to install pipe of varying size and type up to 108"
- Awareness of underground utilities and overhead wires.
- Will be responsible for cleanliness of machine, assures fueling, lubrication and servicing of excavator.
- Perform all other duties deemed necessary or assigned.
- One or more years experience
- Understanding of OSHA trenching requirements
- Overtime work is required including nights/weekends
- Experience operating other heavy equipment
- Ability to operate an excavator to exact line and grade in varying ground conditions and depths
Walking 10 % of time Sitting 60 % of time Climbing 5 % of time Reaching 10 % of time Carrying 5 % of time Lifting 5 % of time
Work Place Values/Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job: the employee is regularly exposed to: Moving mechanical parts, extremes of hot and cold weather, and vibration
The employee is frequently exposed to: Fumes or airborne particles
The employee is occasionally exposed to: Wet and/or humid conditions; precarious places, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Standing 5 % of time
Branscome Inc. is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to promoting diversity and maintaining a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to ensure that applicants are considered for employment based on their qualifications without regard to their race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, sexual orientation, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mentaldisability, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions),immigration status, citizenship, genetic information, medical conditions, protected veteran status, uniform service member status, familial status, marital status, registered domestic partner status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants and provide a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. This Policy applies to aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here and here . For notification on E-Verify click here and for information on Right to Work, click here.
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Branscome Inc. at or send an e-mail to: .
Branscome Inc. will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here .
Don't have an email address?
Click here to create one!