BRANSCOME INC | Rubber Tire Excavator Operator - Hampton Roads
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Colas
Major Role and Purpose
Operate heavy grading equipment to spread, cut and level dirt, gravel and stone to the job specifications.
Description of Duties
This includes, but is not limited to the following:
1. Ensure compliance with all federal, state, local, and company safety policies and procedures
2. Grade to specifications in construction and maintenance of earthwork structures, such as highways, streets, airports, dikes, temporary roads and site developments
3. Operates equipment in successive passes over working area, observing reference stakes or hand signals of assisting workers
4. Level surface to specified grade
5. Rough grading includes highway and site shoulders, slopes and ditches
6. Ability to fine grade and cut blue tops at a productive pace
7. Operate a grader to cut and smooth sub-grade on street, highway and site paving projects
8. Use hand tools when necessary
9. Ability to oil, grease, service and make normal operating adjustments to equipment
10. Perform all other duties deemed necessary or assigned
1. Drivers license
2. Must be able to fine grade with the wrist a twist bucket with in 1 inch of grade
3. Must be able to operate the machine without the out riggers down
4. Must be able to work in or around traveling public in close work areas
3+ years of heavy equipment operation experience
1. Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
2. Vision must be acceptable for operating equipment
3. Physical strength must be enough to climb in and out of equipment throughout the workday, and carry out tasks
1. GPS machine control experience preferred, not required
2. Ability to operate equipment to exact line and grade in varying ground conditions and depths.
3. Knowledge of grade setting, ability to do basic math and understand plans and blue prints
4. Knowledge of how to change cutting edges
5. Willingness to work flexible schedule including nights and weekends
6. Strong work ethic and high degree of professionalism
7. Understand visual, verbal & written directions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to: Moving mechanical parts, extremes of hot and cold weather, and vibration
The employee is frequently exposed to: Fumes or airborne particles
The employee is occasionally exposed to: Wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
If you need an accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Branscome Inc. at or send an e-mail to: .
Branscome Inc. will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here .