Road Mechanic 1
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Colas
This position is responsible to perform preventative maintenance and repair of equipment to keep the trucking fleet operating.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all federal, state, local and company safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
- Ability to repair equipment on job site as required
- Rebuilds and maintains construction equipment (pavers, rollers, excavators, and bulldozers)
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical issues on equipment
- Ability to purchase parts and supplies with attention to cost efficiency
- Tests equipment to ensure that it is working properly
- Willingness to work nights and weekends
- Changing and mounting of all tires on dump trucks
- Operates and inspects diesel trucks to diagnose problems and repairs needed
- Disassembles and overhauls internal combustion engines, pumps, pump power units, generators, transmissions, clutches and rear ends
- Examines parts for damage or excessive wear
- Replaces defective engines and subassemblies, such as transmissions
- Tests overhauled diesel trucks to ensure operating efficiency
- Ability to repair some equipment on the job site if necessary
- Perform all other duties deemed necessary or assigned.
- Commercial Driver's License
- Minimum 5 years experience in general mechanics or heavy equipment repair
- Prior experience in hydraulics and electrical
- Excellent communication, organizational, and customer service skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Valid forklift operators license
- Standing 40% of time
- Walking 10% of time
- Sitting 5% of time
- Driving 20% of time
- Stooping 10% of time
- Reaching 10% fo time
- Kneeling 5% of time
- Carrying up to 75 lbs. 5 % of time
- Lifting up to 75 lbs. 2 % of time
- Pushing up to 75 lbs. 2 % of time
- Pulling up to 75 lbs. 2 % of time
While performing the duties of this job: the employee is regularly exposed to: Moving mechanical parts, extremes of hot and cold weather, and vibration
The employee is frequently exposed to: Fumes or airborne particles
The employee is occasionally exposed to: Wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Branscome Inc. is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to promoting diversity and maintaining a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to ensure that applicants are considered for employment based on their qualifications without regard to their race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, sexual orientation, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mentaldisability, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions),immigration status, citizenship, genetic information, medical conditions, protected veteran status, uniform service member status, familial status, marital status, registered domestic partner status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants and provide a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. This Policy applies to aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here and here . For notification on E-Verify click here and for information on Right to Work, click here.
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Branscome Inc. at or send an e-mail to: .
Branscome Inc. will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here .
Don't have an email address?
Click here to create one!