BRANSCOME INC | Grading Laborer - Richmond 1
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Colas
Major Role and Purpose:
• Performs various unskilled tasks that are associated with heavy highway construction.
Description of Duties:
• Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all federal, state, local, and company safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
• Shovel dirt, stone, and asphalt
• Certified Flagger
• Collect tickets
• Use various tools such as shovel, brooms, pick, mattock, ax, brush hook, rake, hammer, saw, pneumatic hammer/drill, tamps (both manual and power driven), concrete saw, sledge hammer and other tools associated with manual labor
• Perform all other duties deemed necessary or assigned by Foreman or Leadman
• Job requires the following motions: stretching, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, throwing, walking, standing, reaching and squatting
• Walking or standing may occupy the entire day
• Able to lift up to 75 lbs
• Potential exposure to extremes of hot or cold weather
• Overtime work is required
• Transportation to and from job sites
Branscome Inc. is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to promoting diversity and maintaining a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to ensure that applicants are considered for employment based on their qualifications without regard to their race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, sexual orientation, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions),immigration status, citizenship, genetic information, medical conditions, protected veteran status, uniform service member status, familial status, marital status, registered domestic partner status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants and provide a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. This Policy applies to aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here and here . For notification on E-Verify click here and for information on Right to Work, click here.
If you need an accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Branscome Inc. at or send an e-mail to:
Branscome Inc. will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here .
Don't have an email address?
Click here to create one!