Assistant Front Office Manager at Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Delaware North
"I work in the most incredible setting on earth where exhilaration and relaxation meet, and timeless memories are made." If you want to be part of a team that is committed to setting the standard for authentic Sierra Mountain hospitality, adventure, and experiences, then you belong here! Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite is nestled in the Sierra Mountains just two miles from Yosemite National Park's south entrance, 20 minutes from the charming mountain community of Oakhurst and an hour outside of the large valley community of Fresno, CA Make it your place for adventure!The Opportunity
The successful Assistant Front Office Manager oversight of the operation, budgets and staffing of the Front Office departments which include the front desk, bell, valet, telephone operators, concierge and Explorer Cabins with emphasis on the arrival and departure experience for guests.
• Follow all Delaware North Parks and Resorts Environmental GreenPath, GuestPath, OSS, SERV, Code of Conduct, Core Values, Policies and Procedures.
• Greet, register, assign rooms and process departures of guests of the hotel and oversee, coach and train staff to this standard.
• Make and confirm reservations and oversee, coach and train staff to this standard.
• Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests and oversee, coach and train staff to this standard.
• Ensure customer satisfaction by communication with guests to follow through with special requests, instructions, and/or complaints.
• Transmit and receive messages and/or guest requests using telephones, hand held devices, Software programs or radios and oversee, coach and train staff to this standard.
• Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, events, activities and travel directions, or make recommendations regarding shopping, dining, or entertainment. Oversee, coach and train staff to this standard.
• Clean and maintain lobby and common areas, such as restocking supplies and straightening furniture. Oversee, coach and train staff to this standard.
• Monitor and control labor and expenses.
• Recommend and outline future Capital items/projects.
• Oversee the hiring, scheduling, evaluation, training, coaching, and disciplinary actions of the department associates.
• Manage and motivates the Front Office team to procide a high standard of service.
• Provides high level of guest service and maintains a gigh profile in the day to day front office operations.
• Is involved in recruitment and on-boarding new team members.
• Ability to arrive to work regularly, on time, in proper uniform, and prepared.
• Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one's conduct.
• Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
• Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
• Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
• Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
Experience: 2.50 plus years of experience in hospitality management position.
Computer Skills: Experienced user with all Microsoft Office products.
Possess the ability to type - preferred.
Familiar with Springer Miller Systems - preferred.
Familiar with POS systems - preferred.
Certifications & Licenses: Must have a valid California Driver's License.
Obtain a food handlers card.Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.