Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Colas
In 1947, Herbert R. Imbt founded a small construction company in State College, Pennsylvania with only a few pieces of equipment. During the following decades, HRI, Inc., as the company was later renamed, expanded geographically to cover areas outside of central Pennsylvania, including much of Central, Eastern, and Western Pennsylvania. Operations also expanded to include paving, water, sewer, airport, highway, and bridge projects as well as asphalt plants. In 1999, HRI, Inc. was purchased by Colas, Inc., a worldwide leader in the construction industry, with numerous construction businesses throughout the United States. Today, HRI, Inc. benefits from being part of a much larger organization while maintaining local control over our activities and the close ties to the communities we serve. HRI operates as a subsidiary of Barrett Industries. Under Barrett, HRI serves everyone from small contractors to government agencies and Fortune 500 companies.
HRI, Inc. upholds the highest standards of safety, environmental stewardship, and ethical conduct. We provide advanced solutions for our customer's needs while having a positive impact on our local communities, generating sustainable growth, and long-term value for our shareholders. Our mission is to strengthen and grow our infrastructure products and services by empowering and developing our people, fostering innovation, utilizing new technology, and maximizing vertical integration at all levels of the company's value chain. We are strong, stable, and growing.
"We Build the Roads You Travel"
HRI, Inc., a leader in heavy civil construction since 1947, has an opening for an experienced and energetic Carpenter at its Westminster, Maryland job site.
While the corporate office is based in State College, PA, the qualified candidate will be based in Maryland where they will work on the Westminster wastewater plant project. Some travel will be a requirement for the position
The Carpenter position is within our Utilities Region, where we are a leader in the water/wastewater treatment plant construction business in addition to our leading position with large, municipal pipe projects. Our project market includes most of Pennsylvania and parts of Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia.
The successful candidate will be responsible for building wooden structures and forms such as concrete forms, scaffolds, wooden supports, temporary frame shelters. The responsibilities of the Carpenter include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to read engineering drawings and take direction from project Foreman
- Familiarity with the erection of different types of concrete forming systems; placement and finishing of all aspects of concrete including foundations, walls, floors, structural slabs, etc.
- Familiarity with the installation of the various components of water and wastewater treatment equipment a plus, but not required.
- Building structures required to the specifications of the job. Platforms, stairs, concrete forms, framework, temporary frame shelters, etc.
- Install temporary handrails, stairs and ladders. Erect and dismantle scaffolding
- Tying rebar as necessary
- Use carpentry hand tools such as levels, squares, plumb bobs, hammers, hand and power saws, adjustable wrenches, drill motors, reciprocating saws, pry bars, etc. Supply of non-electric/pneumatic hand tools is required
- Must have 3 years' experience
- Must have construction experience
- Must have experience with installing and removing concrete forms
- Must have experience with commercial hand tools and power tools
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
- Must have an acceptable safety record and be committed to working safely
- Must comply with the company's drug and alcohol testing requirements
- Good work ethic, professional, and positive attitude
$250 Sign On Bonus!
HRI, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to promoting diversity and maintaining a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to ensure that applicants are considered for employment based on their qualifications without regard to their race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, sexual orientation, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), immigration status, citizenship, genetic information, medical conditions, protected veteran status, uniform service member status, familial status, marital status, registered domestic partner status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants and provide a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. This Policy applies to aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here and here . For notification on E-Verify click here and for information on Right to Work, click here. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact HRI, Inc. at or send an e-mail to: .
HRI, Inc. will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here .