Big Data/BI Engineer
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Consultnord
Big Data/BI Engineer
Consultnord is an IT Service Management Consultancy and Systems integrator that focuses on value, speed of delivery, and high quality technology solutions. Our High Performance IT approach combines skilled professionals, business methodology and advanced technology solutions.
Consultnord is looking for an experienced Big Data/BI Engineer for one of our clients in Stockholm, Sweden. We are seeking for candidates available for long term contract positions, ful-ltime onsite in Sweden.Candidate will support current and future enterprise project initiatives.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Participate in the design and development of high-performance business applications, from requirements analysis to production
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Analyse and improve application performance
- Excellent in one object-oriented language: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Working experience with ETL & Big Data technologies as well as Business Intelligence environment
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
Good to Know
- Knowledge of any of following solutions: ETL tools(like Talend, Informatica, etc.),
- Azure cloud based solutions
- AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- ITIL methodology familiarity
- Very good spoken and written English is required (Swedish will be advantage)
- Problem solving skills, logical and structured thinking
- Ability to learn and work independently with new technologies
- Excellent task and time management skills
- Attention to details