Heavy Equipment Service Technician
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Ohio CAT
Headquartered in Broadview Heights, Ohio, Ohio CAT is the exclusive, authorized dealer for Caterpillar equipment and engines throughout Ohio, northern Kentucky, and southeastern Indiana. Ohio CAT conducts it's operations through three divisions: the Equipment Division, the Power Systems Division, and Ohio Ag Equipment.
Inspect, troubleshoot, repair, overhaul, and rebuild diesel engines, general heavy equipment drive-train components, electrical and hydraulic systems as well as perform normal machine maintenance in a safe manner.
- Heavy equipment service/repair knowledge required, preferably with CAT equipment.
- Experience repairing and rebuilding various heavy equipment components such as transmissions, final drives, torque converters, differentials, will be strongly preferred.
- Possess superior computer-based diagnosis and mechanical skills and abilities.
- Desire and ability to present strong customer service skills
- Ability to complete service and all necessary documentation as required in a timely manner.
- Follow all Ohio CAT's policies, procedures, and safety regulations.
- Must own and be able to safely use personal mechanic's tools. Safely Home, Everyone, Everyday
EDUCATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred.
- Must have desire to approach training and education as life-long process
- Lifting/Carrying 40 lb. Lift/Carry and 50lb+ pulling
- Standing/Sitting Up and down stairs, standing, sitting and climbing into machines
- Dexterity Normal
- Repetitive Motions Frequent movement requiring hands, wrists and fingers
Ohio CAT employees enjoy working with a group of skilled and talented individuals, proud to be a part of the local Cat culture and extended Caterpillar community. Join a dynamic team with a 70 year tradition of excellence and growth, and enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation and Personal Days
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Retirement Pension Plan
- Long and Short -Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefit Plan
- Service Awards
- Wellness Program with free flu shots and health screenings
- Discount Programs
- Credit Union
*Currently, our careers website is NOT mobile friendly; please visit from a desktop or laptop computer. We apologize for any inconvenience.
EEO, Veterans & Disabled Employer and VEVRAA/503 Federal Contractor