Application Support Analyst
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by CV-Library
When requested by the Change Managers, the Application Support Analyst will support the process of impact assessing and planning IT application changes, and will then implement, test and monitor required changes in line with agreed change plans.
* Carry out an Information Needs assessment across the full organisation
* Develop Requirements Documentation with Business Swim lane process flows
* When reviewing operational processes, identify any abnormalities and update information as required
* Creation of workflows and forms,
* Work with external stakeholders to understand and investigate feedback into Business issues
* Produce written documentation to support your work, report on your findings and to present to stakeholders when necessary
* Support staff and teams in making your recommended changes, including helping to resolve any issues
* Ensure plans are made and processes are created to evaluate the impact of the changes made, including taking responsibility for overseeing and reporting on this evaluation.
* Resolve IT application-related incidents, service requests and problems in a timely and efficient manner in line with Business requirements.
* Employ appropriate application maintenance, support and incident management processes and procedures to support and maintain IT applications, and to investigate and resolve IT application-related incidents.
* As required, provide timely communication to users on the status of their service requests and incidents.
* As necessary, liaise with IT suppliers to ensure IT application-related incidents and problems are resolved in a timely and professional manner.
* Ensure problem prevention methods are continually applied to improve service levels and reduce costs.
* Undertake IT application-related problem diagnosis, implementing problem resolution or prevention measures as appropriate.
* Monitor the availability, performance and throughput of supported IT applications.
* Prioritise and schedule assigned support activities and tasks.
* Maintain IT application support technical documentation.
* Participate in disaster recovery activities as required.
* Work with the Change Managers to review and impact new business requirements.
* Contribute to technical aspects of key change documentation such as business requirements, change impact assessments, change implementation plans, change tickets, change roll-out plans etc.
* Implement, test and monitor required IT application changes in line with change implementation plans.
* Ensure IT application changes meet the agreed service acceptance criteria.
* Understand and comply with the IT organisation requirements, processes, procedures and policies.
* Share knowledge and expertise with others, coaching and supporting team members as required.
* Undertake knowledge management activities: identifying, controlling and storing any pertinent information, and maintaining knowledge items to ensure that they are current, relevant and valid.
* SAP, Timeware, Primavera
* Excellent inter-personal skills: diplomatic and able to inspire user confidence
* Ability to determine appropriate work priorities and manage workload effectively
* Thorough, professional approach
* Experience of performing a similar role in at other organisations.
* Excellent understanding of ITIL service management processes.
* Skilled in IT problem diagnosis and resolution.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
* Ability to produce clear written material.
* Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and understandable manner to non-technical stakeholders.
* Customer focused and goal orientated with keen attention to detail.
* Strong planning and organisation skills.
* Ability to engage with and seek input from others to ensure delivery to agreed timescales.
* Strong sense of ownership and ability to follow tasks through to completion.
* Ability to effectively engage with third party suppliers, with experience of allocating work to suppliers and working with suppliers to resolve issues.
* Ability to work as part of an effective and highly skilled team.
* Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge.
* Ability to understand and determine when issues should be escalated to a higher level.
* Open to new ideas and change initiatives
* ITIL v3 foundation qualified.
* Experience of project management.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application