Sr. Business Systems Analyst, GTM
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by NetApp
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data - to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We've built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world - to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
POSITION: Sr. Business Systems Analyst, GTM
NetApp Business Systems Analysts work as part of a team that supports and enhances NetApp's world-wide business processes and systems. You will utilize your strong technical competencies and functional business expertise to identify, evaluate and develop systems and procedures that meet business user requirements. To do this successfully you will work closely with cross-function teams to understand business needs, and IT development to provide automated solutions. An ability to understand business process issues and communicate technical solutions to the internal client is essential to your success in this role. Project management skills and a customer service orientation is key.
The Sr. Business Systems Analyst, GTM will focus primarily on individual business processes and systems throughout the GTM business function: This covers Sales, Marketing, Learning Management Systems and Sales Compensation. Specific areas of responsibility of the Business Systems Analysts teams include:
Business Functional Knowledge:
- Collaborate with business users to define processes that meet business needs.
- Ensure processes are scalable and flexible to meet future business need.
- Design processes that can be implemented with minimal disruption to supporting systems, and that are cost effective.
- Anticipate the needs of stakeholders affected by process change.
- Ensure that proposed changes represent the best overall fit for the organization.
Business Requirements Definition and Technical Team Coordination:
- Develop and define IT requirements to support process and system changes.
- Co-lead design sessions to identify gaps and opportunities.
- Create detailed functional design documents for conversions, interfaces, and reports.
- Coordinate with IT development teams to manage the development process and resolve issues.
- Prepare and execute testing plans to ensure high quality results.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; including process documentation.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, task and project management, and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of tools, processes, and operations planning.
- Experience working with IT development staff on complex projects.
- Strong understanding of engineering principles and practices.
- Strong analysis, project management, and reporting capabilities.
- Strong technical background with advanced personal computer skills including: MicroSoft Project, Visio, Word and Access.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of other business systems analysts and cross functional peers to support deadlines.
- Ability to evaluate, define and prioritize projects.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
Responsibility and Interaction:
- The tasks this individual is responsible for are often non-routine and unstructured, requiring creative solutions.
- This individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving routine to moderately complex problems.
- This individual must work effectively with Staff to Vice President level employees within the function, and the technical team on assigned projects. There may be communication with employees in other functions as required.
- Limited management direction is provided to employee on new projects or assignments as well as review of activities and priorities.
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor and subject matter expert on team projects.
- To be successful, this individual must demonstrate favorable results through coaching and influencing others.
- Experience with enterprise platforms including SAP C4C, Insidesales.com, Anaplan, Callidus, Eloqua and Adobe Experience Manager.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience is required; 6 to 8 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree required; Information Technology, or related technical field is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, moderately complex technical tasks.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it's the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what's important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled