Payroll Processor - Payroll (FT)
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by RWJBarnabas Health Corporate Services
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey, with a service area covering five million people. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals - Clara Maass Medical Center in Belleville, Community Medical Center in Toms River, Jersey City Medical Center in Jersey City, Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus in Lakewood, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, RWJUH- New Brunswick, RWJUH- Somerset in Somerville, RWJUH- Hamilton, RWJUH- Rahway and Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston; three acute care children's hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children's Specialized Hospital), a freestanding 100-bed behavioral health center, trauma centers, a satellite emergency department, ambulatory care centers, geriatric centers, the state's largest behavioral health network, comprehensive home care and hospice programs, fitness and wellness centers, retail pharmacy services, a medical group, multi-site imaging centers and an accountable care organization.
RWJBarnabas Health is New Jersey's largest private employer - with more than 33,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and interns - and routinely captures national awards for outstanding quality and safety.
The Payroll Processor will be expected to process weekly/bi-weekly payrolls using ADP eTime Time and Attendance and Oracle PeopleSoft payroll software.
- Maintain and update payroll records
- Issue off-cycle checks as needed
- Answer questions from employees and/or managers on payroll topics
- Assist in year-end processing of W2's
- Monitor payroll customer service calls/messages
- Research, analyze, and resolve payroll discrepancies
- High School Diploma required
- Two (2) years related experience in a computerized accounting environment preferably within a payroll function
- Must have understanding of basic payroll principles
- Prior payroll experience highly desires
- Experience with Excel a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Equal Opportunity Employer