Registered Nurse - RN - Nurse Navigator - The Cancer Institute
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Are you an experienced Oncology Registered Nurse?
IF so, join our amazing team at the Saint Agnes Cancer Institute in Baltimore! #Nursing #DreamJob
Why Join Ascension?
Saint Agnes Healthcare serves the greater Baltimore area and employs more than 3,000 associates. Saint Agnes offers a full range of services through its operation of a 254-bed, full-service teaching hospital, Saint Agnes Medical Group, Seton Imaging Center, and Saint Agnes Foundation. Partnerships throughout the community have positioned Saint Agnes to provide support to individuals when and where they need it most. Saint Agnes strives to ensure the vitality and health of the community.
Saint Agnes Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
St. Agnes Hospital is leading Maryland in the battle against cancer. Very few cancer centers have more advanced ways to diagnose, treat, and help people beat cancer than the Saint Agnes Cancer Institute. Our physicians, oncologists, and surgeons are world class, and they attack each case from every angle as a multidisciplinary team. As part of this amazing multidisciplinary team, you will serve as a navigator for our patients throughout the continuum of care.
- Functions as a liaison for management staff, administration, physicians, managed care companies, community organizations, and other customers.
- Coordinates efforts for treatment and promotes quality improvement and educational efforts.
- Compiles data, tracks outcomes, and makes recommendations for process improvement.
- Provides referrals/support for follow-up care for patients who are uninsured or underinsured.
Our treatments include every radiation, chemotherapy, and surgical options available. Our brand-new Baltimore facility and technologies are state-of-the-art. Most importantly our approach is just as uncompromising as our goal. To turn every cancer patient into a cancer survivor. Learn more about The St. Agnes Cancer Institute at:
Full time / Benefit eligible
36 hours a week
Day shift - primarily weekdays with minimal weekend event coverage per year.
What You Will Need
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Maryland Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- A minimum of two years of work experience as a Nurse Navigator or similar position (oncology RN / ONS certification) in a health care environment required.
- Bachelor's degree of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Health Service Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or military CPR-First Aid training preferred.
- Certified Case Manager preferred.
- Disease Management experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity