Charge Nurse (RN)
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse (RN) - Charge - Full time nights in our newly opened CDU
Looking for a great full time night charge nurse opportunity?
Now is a great time to join our family of dedicated, highly skilled charge nurses at Saint Thomas Rutherford. At Saint Thomas Rutherford, we are listening to what our nurses are saying and trying new things and making improvements to give you a better long-term career.
About Our Hospital
At Saint Thomas Rutherford, we're proud to be part of Ascension and Saint Thomas Health, and as our family and facilities have grown, so has our ability to serve our community and the mid-state region. More than 90 years ago, our hospital opened its doors, and from the moment the first brick was laid at our original location, we have been continuously expanding our programs and services to meet your needs. Just over seven years ago, we moved into our new building, and within the past two years we have developed a strong partnership with our community hospitals in McMinnville, Smithville, Sparta and Woodbury so we may increase our services to our neighbors in surrounding communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension's Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care - including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization.
Why join Ascension?
- Caring Team: Working together as a team, our nurses are incredibly supportive of each other and care for each other as family.
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community. With a mission established 100 years ago, your role on the team will contribute to a legacy that has supported our community for over a century.
- Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
- Wellbeing Programs: Transforming healthcare starts with taking care of our associates. We know our associates are busy and on the go. We provide our team resources and tools to help them proactively manage their physical, spiritual, and emotional wellbeing.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we provide a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
- Assign, direct, educate and monitor nursing and support staff during assigned shift. Contribute to or performs performance evaluations of staff.
- Assesse daily patient care needs and develops and distributes patient care assignments, ensuring that population appropriate patient care is given.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of patient care and identifies any issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Respond to complaints about patient care and manages through established channels.
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date..
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- 1 year of experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)