Electrical Apprentice (Tucson)
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Corbins Electric
At Corbins Electric, we believe people are first! Our teammates, our partners, and our customers can expect that we genuinely care to serve them and look out for their best interests. Our culture is built on the cornerstone of our Core Values - Build Trust, Champion Innovation, Promote Development, and Operate with Excellence! They set our expectation of each and every employee and are integrated in everything we do. As one of the largest electrical contractors in the Southwest and an industry leader in virtual construction, fabrication, electrical construction, and electrical service, we continually look for people who share in our Core Values.
We are currently seeking an experienced Electrical Apprentice to perform all aspects of installation, alteration, demolition, maintenance and repair of electrical systems within the electrical construction industry. Our Electrical Apprentices are the foundation of our organization and drive the success of Corbins Electric!Responsibilities
- Execute a variety of electrical tasks by referencing maps, instructional manuals, specifications, field sketches, and blueprints
- Perform the basic tasks of material handling, jobsite housekeeping, and general labor
- Reference blueprints to perform basic and large wire terminations, wire-pulling procedures, terminate panels, motors, controls, and transformers
- Communicate professionally with customers so work is to their requirements
- Assist with general site preparation and clean up
- Remain up to date on Code requirements, hardware options, and industry best practices
- Support a safety-first culture and lead by example
- Working knowledge of the construction process
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and construction drawings
- Dependable with quick response to management direction
- Self-motivated to provide a high-quality work product
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- 0 - 2+ years of electrical construction experience
- HS Diploma or equivalent
This is a safety sensitive position and all applicable policies will apply.
It has been and continues to be the long-standing policy of Corbins Electric to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Corbins Electric complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.