Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Corbins Electric
Corbins Electric is now hiring for an entry level Welder. The ideal candidate will demonstrate basic knowledge of MIG welding and fabrication. This person will assist in and/or perform under supervision all aspects of fabrication and welding to support the electrical industry. This position requires mechanical aptitude, mathematical skills and literacy skills to the satisfactory completion of position's primary duties and responsibilities.
This position will pay $13-$16 an hour. The hours for this position are Monday-Friday 5:30am-2pm with possible 10 hour shifts and Saturday work depending on production needs.Responsibilities
- Basic MIG experience, welding certificates not necessary
- Tube/pipe bending is a plus
- Perform the basic tasks of material handling, jobsite housekeeping, and general labor
- Experience with hand tools and/or power equipment
- Identify basic welding symbols and blueprint references
- Assemble pre-fabricated systems as directed by verbal instructions or blueprint reference
- Bend pipe/conduit with hand benders
- Operate threading equipment, and hydraulic benders as directed
- Read instructional manuals and understand specifications
- Perform basic layouts from field sketches and blueprint reference
- Perform all tasks in a timely manner
- Understand and follow jobsite directions, both written and verbal
- Comprehend and abide by Corbins Electric/customer policies, procedures, and safety guidelines
- Report all violations and incidents to immediate supervisor
- Perform other PreFab and project related duties and assignments as instructed by Supervisor
The preceding covers the primary duties and responsibilities of the position. It is not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties that may be required from day-to-day.
WORKING CONDITIONS - The position requires:
- Working in and around exposures typical of a heavy construction site such as heavy equipment, vehicular traffic, and extreme noise levels
- Working from various heights via ladders, scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and other safe work platforms and areas
- Lifting 50 pounds, unassisted, frequently throughout the day
- Constantly moving about on the feet
- Completing a full day's assignments involving one or more of the following: bending, stooping, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, balancing, pushing, pulling, reaching over head, and repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers
- Safe operation of two-handed tools/equipment
- Safe operation of aerial and personnel lifts at heights.
- Wearing any/all personal protective equipment at all times as required by the specific task: eye and face protection, steel toe over the ankle leather work boots, hand protection, head protection, respirator, arc flash protection, etc
- Operating company vehicles with manual or automatic transmission
- Utilizing construction site sanitary facilities (Porta-Johns)
- Working a 40 hour work week, with overtime and off-hour shifts as required
- Good hearing, normal or corrected
- Good vision, normal or corrected
This is a safety sensitive position and all applicable policies will apply.
It has been and continues to be the long-standing policy of Corbins Electric to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Corbins Electric complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.