Credit and Dispute Management Consultant
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by CURO Financial Technologies
In 1997, the Company was founded in Riverside, California by three Wichita, Kansas childhood friends to meet the growing consumer need for short-term loans. They set out to offer a variety of convenient, easily-accessible financial and loan services in a safe, clean and professional environment. Their success led to opening stores in multiple locations across the United States, and expanding to offer online loans and financial services across the nation.
Today, we operate under a number of brands including Speedy Cash, Rapid Cash, Cash Money, LendDirect, Avío Credit, Opt+ and Revolve Finance
The Credit and Dispute Management Consultant role is a critical role within our risk organization. This role is responsible for providing direct oversight, internal/external support, data quality validation, transmission monitoring, reporting coordination, and post reporting error file handling of all credit bureau reporting activities within the CURO infrastructure and externally with CRA entities. Coupled with this, this role will be a focused on developing a dispute handling process, set of procedures, and the technology recommendations needed to align, centralize, and support the credit data dispute handling activities within the organization. This role will oversee developing the necessary training guides and operating procedures around both the credit reporting and disputing handling programs in addition to maintaining and developing the company's credit reporting and dispute handling policies. Additionally this position will play a business owner role in developing new and enhanced IT capabilities and leading UAT testing efforts or all credit reporting and dispute handling needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop subject matter expertise of CURO's loan products, business rules, processes, and data structures/configurations.
- Understand applicable company policies, procedures and other job-specific instructive documents and materials; developing and/or enhancing policies and procedures as needed. Create/maintain Risk Management policy documentation including credit and product specifications, process flows, and change histories. Effectively manage dissemination of information across business.
- Oversee the Credit Bureau Reporting to the Consumer Credit Reporting Agencies (CRAs):
- Develop and maintain configuration linkage of system of record data to the industry standard Metro 2® credit reporting format.
- Act as the single point of contact with industry CRAs around data onboarding, reporting, transmission monitoring and annual data auditing.
- Monitor the successful creation and transmission of the bureau data files and reciprocally the receipt and processing of all CRA error files.
- Support execution of the Company's credit strategy by providing hands-on involvement with testing Metro 2® created data files, and preprocessing credit data files against internal business rules.
- Maintain authoritative knowledge and full understanding of all bureau reporting policies, relevant laws and regulations, regulatory guidance, industry standards and other policies and procedures relating to consumer bureau furnishing.
- Develop and maintain credit related policies; implementing policy changes where needed.
- Identify and prioritize appropriate business controls.
- Maintain related process documentation.
- Analyze and action bureau audit reports.
- Participate in UAT activities related to existing credit reporting capabilities and planned future enhancements.
- Define and develop comprehensive data reporting key performance indicators (KPIs) as measurements of data quality and completeness.
- Identify and define data validation enhancements based on data performance analyses.
- Keep apprised of industry standard reporting changes; ensuring system of record data is adapted to support them.
- Oversee the Direct and Indirect Credit Bureau Dispute Handling processes:
- Develop new processes, procedures and recommended technology investments needed in order to build and support the organization's direct and indirect dispute handling capabilities.
- Align dispute handling across the organization into a single organization of support.
- Answer and process disputes received through e-OSCAR, phone and physical mail channels with a strict adherence to regulatory turn times.
- Image dispute documents into system of record repositories for historical retention.
- Distribute dispute handling communication templates as dictated in accordance with required consumer notifications through mail vendor partnerships.
- Define and develop comprehensive data reporting key performance indicators (KPIs) as measurements of dispute handling completeness and timeliness.
- Assist as needed in compliance reviews, audits and exams as they pertain to credit risk, disputing and consumer reporting functions.
- Understand applicable company policies, procedures and other job-specific instructive documents and materials.
- Perform all internal controls as assigned.
- Conduct business and perform job duties in a manner consistent with the requirements set forth in all company policies, procedures and other directives, and in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Complete all compliance training assigned to them to understand the key provisions of law, regulation and internal policies and procedures applicable to their job duties, as well as the impact of non-compliance on the company's reputation and success.
- Raise concerns about any practice(s) believed to be a violation of, or inconsistent with, company policies, procedures or other directives, or in violation of legal or regulatory requirements.
- Document all team processes and procedures for both training and auditing purposes, updating these documents as needed
- Successfully manage multiple projects and timelines.
- Monitor processes and procedures to ensure safety and compliance.
- Monitor and implement processes and procedures to ensure safety and compliance.
- Model the Company's Vision and Values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications including expertise in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word.
- Exceptional documentation skills with experience creating training content, SOPs, and company policies.
- Proactive and results oriented, can tackle strategic and operational issues.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements.
- Ability to analyze data trends across multiple sources and assimilate into business recommendations for future improvement.
- Ability to grasp technical operational disciplines and procedures, accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, ability to work effectively with minimal direction and accept feedback.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, articulate and communicate complex results in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills a must.
- Comfortable working both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Familiarity with the Metro 2® industry standard credit reporting format a plus.
- Familiarity with e-OSCAR dispute handling technology a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in a related business field from an accredited College or University required or equivalent experience.
We are a leading alternative financial services firm providing valuable and much needed service for hard working consumers with operations in the United States, and Canada. We are proud to serve in the more than 400 store communities, through our multiple contact centers, online and mobile financial services with the ownership of our own pre-paid debit card, short term loans, installment loans, line of credits, and cash for gold, money order, wire transfer, and check cashing services.
We rise to the challenge of designing products and services which not only meet our customers' needs but also meet state-by-state and, in Canada, province-by-province requirements. In the US alone, this equates to over 40 different loan product types and growing! Today, our corporate office is in Wichita, Kansas, birthplace of our company founders. We also have administrative offices in Chicago and Toronto.
CURO Financial Technologies Corp Supports Equal Employment Opportunity. CURO Financial Technologies Corp (dba Speedy Cash, Rapid Cash, Cash Money, LendDirect, Avío Credit, Opt+ and Revolve Finance) is committed to a policy of providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants. This commitment is reflected in all aspects of our daily operations. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information in any personnel practice, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, and discipline. Additionally, we do not discriminate based on any other characteristic protected by applicable state or local law where a particular employee works. In addition..... click apply for full job details