Marketing Communications Specialist
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by CURO Financial Technologies
Marketing Communications Specialist
In 1997, the Company was founded in Riverside, California by three Wichita, Kansas childhood friends to meet the growing consumer need for short-term loans. They set out to offer a variety of convenient, easily-accessible financial and loan services in a safe, clean and professional environment. Their success led to opening stores in multiple locations across the United States, and expanding to offer online loans and financial services across the nation.
Today, we operate under a number of brands including Speedy Cash, Rapid Cash, Cash Money, LendDirect, Avío Credit, Opt+ and Revolve Finance
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the creation and execution of marketing, lifecycle, and transactional communication programs to consumers.
- Support communications across all channels including, but not limited to, email, SMS, mobile push, direct mail and phone.
- Perform day-to-day email marketing activities including, but not limited to, email campaign set-up, scheduling, testing, tagging and deployment of one-time, recurring, triggered and dynamic content-driven campaigns.
- Review email creatives for mobile responsiveness.
- Collaborate across teams to develop and deploy communication strategies and tactics that support the Company's strategic vision.
- Clearly define audience criteria and list segmentation, and effectively communicate requirements to Marketing Analysts.
- Create communications that are consistent with overall Company communications strategy, brand, voice and tone.
- Write communication content that clearly conveys the marketing message.
- Ensure communications are delivered properly to consumers.
- Support the tracking, reporting, and analyzing of marketing communications.
- Monitor marketing campaigns on a daily basis to ensure all campaigns are sending accordingly.
- Keep up-to-date with advancements and best practices within each communication channel.
- Understand laws that impact Customer communications (i.e. CAN-SPAM, TCPA, etc.).
- Assist with conducting periodic marketing communication audits.
- Monitor Customer consent processes on a regular basis, coordinating development fixes as necessary.
- Stay in-tune with competitor communications.
- Follow legal and compliance guidelines for the applicable market.
- Follow Company Processes and Procedures when executing Customer communications.
- Communicate new campaigns and campaign updates to key stakeholders.
- Co-manage and publish to CURO social media profiles as necessary.
- Collaborate with multiple teams on product details needed (teams include but are not limited to Business Operations, Product Development, Internet Strategy, and more).
- Communicate and collaborate regularly with your manager, your peers, other managers, and other designated contacts within the organization.
- Coordinate with and manage third party vendors as necessary.
- Conduct business and perform job duties in a manner consistent with the requirements set forth in all company policies, procedures and other directives, and in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Complete all compliance training assigned to understand the key provisions of law, regulation and internal policies and procedures applicable to their job duties, as well as the impact of non-compliance on the company's reputation and success.
- Document all team processes and procedures for both training and auditing purposes, updating these documents as needed.
- Raise concerns about any practice(s) believed to be a violation of, or inconsistent with, Company policies, procedures or other directives, or in violation of legal or regulatory requirements.
- Monitor processes and procedures to ensure safety and compliance.
- Model the Company's Vision
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- 2+ years' experience in marketing communications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint.
- Basic HTML knowledge.
- Experience with email marketing platforms (Responsys, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, etc.).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Hands on, detail oriented and process driven.
- Proactive, energetic personality; inquiring, investigative mind.
- Enjoy finding creative solutions and thinking outside the box.
- Curiosity about the world around you, new technology and possesses a thorough understanding of the natural order/operations.
- Resourceful and can adapt to situations where technical resources are limited.
- Ability and willingness to learn new concepts and to adapt to new responsibilities.
- Strong intellect combined with a bias for action and a pragmatic approach to getting things done.
- Flexible, highly effective in an ever-changing, high speed environment.
- Professional style and demeanor.
- Positive and team-oriented; a strong teammate and team player.
- A sense of humor and an appreciation for sharing in success with teammates.
- Knowledge of the consumer lending industry is a plus.
Education or Equivalent Experience
Bachelor's degree in related field from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
We are a leading alternative financial services firm providing valuable and much needed service for hard working consumers with operations in the United States, and Canada. We are proud to serve in the more than 400 store communities, through our multiple contact centers, online and mobile financial services with the ownership of our own pre-paid debit card, short term loans, installment loans, line of credits, and cash for gold, money order, wire transfer, and check cashing services.
We rise to the challenge of designing products and services which not only meet our customers' needs but also meet state-by-state and, in Canada, province-by-province requirements. In the US alone, this equates to over 40 different loan product types and growing! Today, our corporate office is in Wichita, Kansas, birthplace of our company founders. We also have administrative offices in Chicago and Toronto.
CURO Financial Technologies Corp Supports Equal Employment Opportunity. CURO Financial Technologies Corp (dba Speedy Cash, Rapid Cash, Cash Money, LendDirect, Avío Credit, Opt+ and Revolve Finance) is committed to a policy of providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants. This commitment is reflected in all aspects of our daily operations. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information in any personnel practice, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, and discipline. Additionally, we do not discriminate based on any other characteristic protected by applicable state or local law where a particular employee works. In addition, it is the policy of CURO Financial Technologies Corp to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by federal law and any state law where a particular employee works. Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: CURO Financial Technologies Corp, Speedy Cash, Rapid Cash, Cash Money, LendDirect, Avío Credit, Opt+ and Revolve Finance, and CURO Financial Management accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, CURO Financial Technologies Corp, Speedy Cash, Rapid Cash, Cash Money, LendDirect, Avío Credit, Opt+, CURO Financial Management, and Revolve Finance employees, or send to any CURO Financial Technologies Corp, Speedy Cash, Rapid Cash, Cash Money, LendDirect, Avío Credit, Opt+ and Revolve Finance facility. CURO Financial Technologies Corp, CURO Financial Management, Speedy Cash, Rapid Cash, Cash Money, LendDirect, Avío Credit, Opt+ and Revolve Finance, is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.