Physician Practice Manager
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Physician Practice Manager - FP Tillmans Corner - Full-Time,Day - PHS Family Prac Tilman Corner - Mobile,AL
Why Join Ascension?
Providence Health System, based in Mobile, Alabama, operates a full service, 349-bed medical/surgical facility accredited by The Joint Commission. Since its founding in 1854, Providence has been serving, caring for and healing the people of Mobile and surrounding areas.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Providence Hospital-AL, you will have the opportunity to manage the daily operations of the assigned practice site(s).
- Serves as a liaison between practice physicians and office employees, and between the practice and other clinical and administrative areas.
- Develops growth strategies and business plans in cooperation with practice physicians and physician leadership. Supports financial, budget and business goals.
- Ensures that staffing is in place to meet the demands of the provider's work schedules. May assist with the development and implementation of the physician compensation system.
- Monitors the billing and collection functions.
- Oversees daily operations of practice including but not limited to services, site policies, staff development, and patient flow.
- Manages staff relations including performance management, staff satisfaction and conflict management. Performs and oversees scheduling, recruitment and payroll.
- Monitors budgets, regulatory compliance, contracts and vendor relations.
- Assesses quality of and coordinates patient care services with patients, staff, physicians, and other providers.
What You Will NeedEducation:
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2 years of experience required. 1 year of leadership or management experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Providence Hospital provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), ethnic or national origin, age (40 or over), citizenship, genetic information, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era. Providence Hospital provides equal employment opportunities for qualified disabled individuals.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Providence Hospital participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)