Respiratory Therapist - Certified
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Respiratory Therapist -Cert - Respiratory Care 001 - Full-Time Nights - Indianapolis-8050 Township Line - Indianapolis, IN
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana's largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women's and children's health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to provide evaluation of and care for patients with respiratory insufficiencies.
- Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Implements and monitors patient care plan and equipment. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition. Performs advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcomes.
- Educates the patient and family about the health condition and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Assists with care, calibration and maintenance of all equipment. Participates in maintaining departmental inventory levels for supplies and equipment. Processes equipment per established cleaning/sterilization procedures.
- Responds to emergency resuscitation team calls.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Respiratory Care Practitioner credentialed from the Indiana Respiratory Care Committee obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Respiratory Therapist credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)