Speech/Language Pathologist - Inpatient Rehab
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Speech/Language Pathologist - Inpatient Rehab, Part-time, Day Shift, Monday, Wednesday, Friday 6.5 hr days, weekend and holiday rotation.
Must have completed CFY
St Vincent Anderson, 2015 Jackson, Anderson In
Power of Purpose: For the SLP that join us at St Vincent Anderson, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body,
mind and spirit. Join us and make a difference in the community that we serve.
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to evaluate and treat patients requiring speech-language therapy.
- Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the condition of the patient.
- Educates and counsels patient and family regarding treatment plans.
- Maintains clinical records and follows performance improvement recommendations.
- Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from speech therapy services. Provides information regarding appropriate support programs.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Speech-Language Pathologist credentialed from the Indiana Board of Speech-Language Pathology Audiology obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Or Temporary Permit obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. If hired with Temporary Permit, must pass boards and obtain SLP credential within 4 Months (120 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Speech-Language Pathologist credentialed from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Or Temporary Permit obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. If hired with Temporary Permit, must pass boards and obtain SLP credential within 4 Months (120 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
- None required.
- Hospital and swallow studies experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)