SIMON | Bridge Construction Worker-Scottsbluff, NE
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Colas
What we do is bigger than construction. It is about connecting communities, building new roads to the future, and keeping the spirit of the pioneers alive and well.
Simon specializes in aggregates, asphalt and ready-mix concrete production, asphalt paving, and concrete, bridge, highway, and utility construction. Simon has strong local ties backed by global resources, focusing on quality and value to deliver the best products and services for our clients.
Assists in the tasks associated with construction related to bridge construction, including site preparation concrete finishing and paving operations.
Highly qualified candidates will have prior experience in bridge construction and related areas. Successful candidates should enjoy working on a seasonal basis, and be willing to learn multiple skills/disciplines, related to heavy equipment operation and concrete finishing. Work on bridge crews requires the ability to travel extensively with overnight stays away from home for extended periods of time, and willingness to work in all types of weather conditions.
• Support the Simon safety culture and other Company strategic initiatives
• Safely operate vehicles, tools and equipment, including, but not limited to on-road vehicles, jack-hammers, air compressors, skid plate tampers, shovels, rakes, brooms, and other hand tools
• Assist with minor equipment maintenance and cleaning of construction equipment
• Directs movement of traffic through site, using, signs, hands and flag signals
• Maintains clean and organized working areas
• Works closely with skilled laborers and craft workers to complete projects
• Engages in multiple forms of physical labor necessary for completion of assigned construction projects
Qualifications, Education, Skills and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Previous experience in asphalt paving, concrete paving, bridge construction and/or or other construction-related field preferred
• Valid drivers' license with ability to maintain a clean driving history required
• Basic First Aid and CPR certifications or the ability to become certified required
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
• Wears and maintains personal protective equipment (PPE) as required by Company safety guidelines
• Regularly required to lift and /or move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance
• Regularly required to use hands to move and manipulate objects
• Regularly required to communicate (talk and hear)
• Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
• Standing/working on feet for long periods, and walking across uneven terrain
• Frequent exposure to loud noise
• Regularly exposed to all outdoor weather conditions, dust, and airborne particles
• Regularly exposed to fuel, oil, and other chemicals
• Required to work varying hours, including nights/weekends
• Extensive travel with overnight stays away from home required
Workplace Values Requirements:
• Support, promote, and practice Simon core values, vision, and mission
• Support, promote, and comply with Simon Code of Ethics, Workplace Conduct, Safety, and other established policies at all times
• Embrace the Company's safety culture, actively support all safety initiatives, and adhere to defined accountabilities implemented by the Safety Steering and Continuous Improvement teams
• Align personal vision and goals with larger goals of the Company
• Support continuous improvement to improve Simon processes, performance, safety, and overall success
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Simon is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to promoting diversity and maintaining a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to ensure that applicants are considered for employment based on their qualifications without regard to their race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, sexual orientation, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mentaldisability, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), immigration status, citizenship, genetic information, medical conditions, protected veteran status, uniform service member status, familial status, marital status, registered domestic partner status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants and provide a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. This Policy applies to aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here and here . For notification on E-Verify click here and for information on Right to Work, click here.
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Simon at or send an e-mail to: .
Simon will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here .