EHS Business Analyst
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Colas
Investing in your tomorrow starts right here
Are you interested in an opportunity working for a company that puts the safety of their employees first, then you have stopped at the right careers site. Colas USA companies are part of the Colas Group, the worldwide leader in transportation infrastructure construction and maintenance. The Colas Group is active in the construction and maintenance of road, air, rail and maritime transport infrastructure, urban development projects and recreational facilities. With 70,000 employees throughout 1,400 business units in 40 countries on 5 continents, the Colas Group carries out over 100,000 projects each year.
Colas IS Support offers competitive salary and benefits packages, along with in-house training, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Must be able to meet all safety requirements including pre-employment fit and drug/alcohol testing.
Work with EHS Staff from operating subsidiaries and Colas ISS teams to advance digital transformation initiatives for Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) Management systems. Deploy/develop and maintain best practices, solutions for using the EHS platform including but not limited to; administering user security, user configuration, site configuration, workflow administration, report building, data integrations, data uploads, and user training. This position will also provide some support on other applications maintained by the Manufacturing systems team.
- Act as a subject matter expert for EHS application, integrations, and customizations
- Assist with and/or lead the gathering of requirements and developing formal business specifications when adding new functionality to EHS application
- Development and delivery of training to business users
- Creation of ad hoc reports as well as support of existing reports
- Perform functional testing on enhancements, modifications, and system changes for EHS application Maintain test/development environment for EHS application
- Support other Manufacturing applications as neededSupport other Manufacturing applications as needed
- Applicant should have experience working with users to gather requirements and delivering applications through a change process involving phases for building, testing, UAT, and deployment.
- 3 years of experience in a EHS Business Analyst role or working on the field using or supporting an EHS application
- Experience with IT software technical skills required (software implementation, software support)
- Understanding of safety management processes and safety software experience required
- Experience with EHS in the Construction industry preferred
- Experience with MS Office suite required
- Experience with Agile methodologies preferred
- Bachelor's degree in business, or IT field preferred
The incumbent will have a strong sense of business acumen and professionalism. This person must be well-organized, and a self-starter. Must be a team player with the ability to work independently as well.
- Must have problem solving skills with ability to analyze and recommend solutions on problems
- Able to interact with all levels of management and staff subject matter experts
- Must be a self-starter, dependable, innovative, and possess good judgment
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and have the ability to work with limited supervision in a fast-paced, small-team environment. Candidates must be comfortable with constantly shifting priorities.
- Should possess date-driven work ethic
- Able to travel 35%
- Ability to travel across North America
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time
- Ability to climb, stoop and bend
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to wear protective wear correctly while working in plant environment
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Colas IS Support at or send an e-mail to:
Colas IS Supprot will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here .