Infrastructure System Architect Manager
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Colas
Are you interested in an opportunity working for a company that puts the safety of their employees first, then you have stopped at the right careers site. Colas USA companies are part of the Colas Group, the worldwide leader in transportation infrastructure construction and maintenance. The Colas Group is active in the construction and maintenance of road, air, rail and maritime transport infrastructure, urban development projects and recreational facilities. With 70,000 employees throughout 1,400 business units in 40 countries on 5 continents, the Colas Group carries out over 100,000 projects each year.
Colas IS Support offers competitive salary and benefits packages, along with in-house training, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Must be able to meet all safety requirements including pre-employment fit and drug/alcohol testing.
This is a leadership position responsible for architecture and designing of a large scale, complex system integration projects.
Needs experience across multiple platforms, business processes and architectures; broad knowledge of new technologies; strong ability to lead a team and technical activities with the customer; and accurately evaluate risks.
Colas infrastructure is very Microsoft centric and will require a person with extensive experience with Microsoft infrastructure technologies.
- Lead an infrastructure team composed of Colas ISS Architect and Engineers
- Participate in design activities, record engineering decisions made during the design sessions, validate that infrastructure development is within the budget constraints of program plan.
- Design infrastructure to increase the sufficiency of instrumentation, active monitoring, and alerting.
- Constantly evaluate new solutions to help in infrastructure cost containment or reduction.
- Identify, analyze, and provide recommendations and solutions for high-priority engineering initiatives, and organize and conduct working groups with the right participants (North America or International) to address any given initiative.
- Review engineering Bills of Material and coordinate with procurement and asset management functions on hardware/software acquisition.
- Perform necessary quality analysis, conflict resolution, consistency analysis, impact analysis, and verification of technical requirements.
- Implement infrastructure projects and transition rollout to an infrastructure support team
- Work in a matrixed environment in a worldwide organization.
- Lead our effort to build an elastic infrastructure (cloud based, flexible based on infrastructure usage)
- Proven ability to manageme a team
- Knowledge of best practices and new technologies in infrastructure architecture design.
- Knowledge of High Availability technologies, Disaster Recovery (AlwaysOn, Mirroring, Log Shipping, Database Partitioning, Replication, Clustering)
- System Engineering
- IT Governance
- High Performance Computing
- Infrastructure Consolidation
- Great organizational skills
- Ability to work independently most of the time
- Bilingual French and English preferred
- 7+ years of management experience leading infrastructure teams
- 7+ years of experience with most technologies listed below:
- Microsoft Windows Server Technologies
- Microsoft Windows 7 and 10
- Microsoft SCCM
- McAfee EPO
- Microsoft Azure Technologies
- Oracle Server Technologies
- Linux - Preferred but not required
- 2+ years of experience working in a matrixed environment in a large organization
- 5+ years of experience with vendor management and vendor selection activities
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology field
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Colas IS Support at or send an e-mail to:
Colas IS Supprot will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here .