JDE Lead Developer
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Colas
Are you interested in an opportunity working for a company that puts the safety of their employees first, then you have stopped at the right careers site. Colas USA companies are part of the Colas Group, the worldwide leader in transportation infrastructure construction and maintenance. The Colas Group is active in the construction and maintenance of road, air, rail and maritime transport infrastructure, urban development projects and recreational facilities. With 70,000 employees throughout 1,400 business units in 40 countries on 5 continents, the Colas Group carries out over 100,000 projects each year.
Colas IS Support offers competitive salary and benefits packages, along with in-house training, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Must be able to meet all safety requirements including pre-employment fit and drug/alcohol testing.
- Work with diverse team to architect, design and develop custom solutions in JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- Effective communication throughout the organization from end-users through senior level management. Ability to present complex concepts clearly in easily understood terms.
- Team-oriented individual able to effectively build a team and be effective as a team member in various situations as circumstances dictate.
- Troubleshooting skills to effectively isolate application issues vs. other issues, and provide initial troubleshooting on JD Edwards's application functionality issues with the user community and other IT teams supporting JD Edwards.
- Strong knowledge of JD Edwards applications functionality, with a focus on Financials, Order to Cash, and Procure to Pay processes.
- Strong development and design skills with the ability to transform user requirements to program specifications and to communicate effectively with end users throughout the process.
- Coordinate technical architecture changes with the CNC team to ensure cross functional testing and knowledge of system impact
- Provide guidance and planning for application and tools release upgrades
- Ability to prioritize workload across the team, handle multiple large-scale projects, and adhere to project schedules.
- Ability to create and modify programs in the JD Edwards OMW development toolkit.
- Able to lead and direct the day-to-day activities of the developers in supporting the JD Edwards software and its interfaces to other client systems on various platforms.
- For maintenance, support and small enhancements, provide day-to-day prioritization and guidance to personnel bearing in mind longer-term strategies and system maintainability.
- Provide regular status updates to the Application Manager, JDE & Enterprise Systems regarding team workload, project status, priorities, and issues/roadblocks needing resolution.
- Provide guidance on development best practices, standards, and procedures. Establish these standards where they are lacking.
- Implement/maintain a QA review process of new and changed code in the unit test phase of program changes. This process may consist of peer review or similar techniques.
- Perform systems analysis and design work, creating appropriate documentation for use in estimating and specifying project work.
- Knowledge of JDE Development in the following areas:
- 7 + years JD Edwards EnterpriseOne (E1) development
- BSSV web services
- C, C++ development
- Data Conversions
- Debugging Tools
- RDA (reports)
- BI Publisher
- C Business Functions
- 5+ years of experience in leading JDE developers of up to 5 people
- Masters degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or software engineering, and or equivalent work experience.
- Strong written and verbal communicator
- Acts responsibly and holds themselves accountable for their actions
- Takes the initiative to fill whatever need they see
- Treats everyone with respect and is a model of integrity
- Is a quick learner and problem solver
- Adapt to changes
- Multitasking capabilities
Are you looking for an IT career that leaves a lasting impact? Come join our team and do your part in building our nation's infrastructure.
The Colas Group is a worldwide leader in transportation infrastructure construction and maintenance. Our goal is to set the pace in our industry and to be a model of excellence by providing safe, innovative, sustainable and cost-effective solutions for our customers. We are active in the construction and maintenance of road, air, rail and maritime transport infrastructure, urban development projects and recreational facilities. With 70,000 employees spanning 5 continents, the Colas Group carries out over 100,000 projects each year, backed by a tight international network of construction materials facilities, including: aggregate mining sites, asphalt plants, ready-mix concrete plants, liquid asphalt terminals and emulsion plants.
As a key part of this group, Colas USA has a network of companies which allow us to provide most of our products and services anywhere in the United States, from Alaska to Florida and Maine to Southern California. We support our 5,000 plus employees as they operate from more than 50 regional offices located in more than 25 states. We are committed to developing and improving products and construction services based on recycling of material, improving energy efficiency and reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
Located in the Denver Tech Center, Colas IS Support is the information technology arm of Colas USA. Our vision is to deliver world class services, strategy and processes that support our construction and manufacturing operations. We work to provide timely access to information and knowledge in an integrated, open and collaborative environment, and aim to be the standard bearer for excellence in quality, customer service and reliability. We are building a company culture where both individual and team effort are rewarded and value employees that look forward to the challenge of exceeding customer expectations.
Colas IS Support is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to promoting diversity and maintaining a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to ensure that applicants are considered for employment based on their qualifications without regard to their race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, sexual orientation, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), immigration status, citizenship, genetic information, medical conditions, protected veteran status, uniform service member status, familial status, marital status, registered domestic partner status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants and provide a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. This Policy applies to aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here and here . For notification on E-Verify click here and for information on Right to Work, click here. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Colas IS Support at or send an e-mail to:
Colas IS Supprot will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here .