Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Colas
The road to your future starts with Barrett Industries
Since 1854, Barrett Industries has been a leader in providing infrastructure solutions throughout the United States. Through our subsidiary companies, including Barrett Paving Materials Inc., we serve everyone from small contractors to government agencies and Fortune 500 companies. Barrett Industries Corporation is an infrastructure construction holding company with a vertically integrated value chain including quarries, sand and gravel operations, asphalt cement storage terminals, hot mix asphalt plants, trucking, asphalt emulsions, asphalt paving, and pavement preservation.
Barrett Paving Materials Inc. upholds the highest standards of Safety, Environmental Stewardship, and Ethical Conduct. We provide advanced solutions for our customer's needs while having a positive impact on our local communities, generating sustainable growth, and long-term value for our shareholders. Our mission is to strengthen and grow our infrastructure products and services by empowering and developing our people, fostering innovation, utilizing new technology, and maximizing vertical integration at all levels of the company's value chain. We operate through various companies in the Northeast and the Midwest. We are strong, stable, and growing.
"We Build the Roads You Travel"
- Acquire a strong working knowledge of the materials and services we provide
- Professionally represent the Company and the Region
- Work with Sales Manager to develop a customer call/stop strategy and implement
- Develop relationships with key decision makers for each customer
- Prepare weekly sales call reports and weekly expected sales call reports for the following week
- Watch the Market
- New players
- Changes in existing players
- Bi-annual assessment of various market segments
- Gather competitive intelligence
- Search for potential work/sales
- Newspaper/legals - Daily
- Dodge Reports - Daily
- Various websites - once per week minimum
- NYS DOT
- Penn DOT
- Builders Exchange
- Various Governmental bidding sites
- Update pending bids & quotes - as projects/opportunities are discovered - CRM
- Working with Sales Mgr determine per job and monthly cost makeup of materials
- Communicate monthly prices to various customers
- Quote various projects
- Prep internal communication required prior to quoting
- Prep and review quotes with Sales Mgr
- Send quotes to customers and follow-up
- Gather bid results
- Follow-up all jobs quoted
- Phone, email, in person
- Follow-up all jobs quoted
- Prepare submittals and contracts as needed
- Set up JWS Orders/Subs (working closely with AR & location Clerks)
- Coordination/Scheduling (working closely with Superintendent, Plant Op. & QC)
- Prepare Monthly AR call report of all customers over 30 days or as required
- Prepare Monthly Work on Hand Reports and Monthly Sales Forecasts
- Participate in the preparation and of Bi-annual Market & Budget reports
- Prepare Bid analysis for State and local F.O.B. materials bids
- Attend industry related functions as required
- Attend Company training as required
A Bachelor's degree, equivalent experience performing job functions corresponding to this position and/or at least two years experience in sales administration is required, as well as a valid driver's license and proficiency in computer usage.
Barrett Paving Materials Inc. is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to promoting diversity and maintaining a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to ensure that applicants are considered for employment based on their qualifications without regard to their race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, sexual orientation, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), immigration status, citizenship, genetic information, medical conditions, protected veteran status, uniform service member status, familial status, marital status, registered domestic partner status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants and provide a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. This Policy applies to aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here and here . For notification on E-Verify click here and for information on Right to Work, click here. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Barrett Paving Materials Inc. at or send an e-mail to: .
Barrett Paving Materials Inc. will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here .