Aggregate Plant Laborer
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Colas
The road to your future starts with Barrett Paving Materials Inc.
Since 1854, Barrett Industries has been a leader in providing infrastructure solutions throughout the United States. Through our subsidiary companies, including Barrett Paving Materials Inc., we serve everyone from small contractors to government agencies and Fortune 500 companies. Barrett Industries Corporation is an infrastructure construction holding company with a vertically integrated value chain including quarries, sand and gravel operations, asphalt cement storage terminals, hot mix asphalt plants, trucking, asphalt emulsions, asphalt paving, and pavement preservation.
Barrett Paving Materials Inc. upholds the highest standards of Safety, Environmental Stewardship, and Ethical Conduct. We provide advanced solutions for our customer's needs while having a positive impact on our local communities, generating sustainable growth, and long-term value for our shareholders. Our mission is to strengthen and grow our infrastructure products and services by empowering and developing our people, fostering innovation, utilizing new technology, and maximizing vertical integration at all levels of the company's value chain. We operate through various companies in the Northeast and the Midwest. We are strong, stable, and growing.
"We Build the Roads You Travel"
Maintain plant on a daily basis preforming routine maintenance tasks (i.e. lubrication, major and minor repairs) and clean up (i.e. shoveling, washing with a high pressure hose, running a skid steer loader). Operate and maintain in a safe manner various pieces of equipment, such as, but not limited to, front end loader, off road haul truck, road grader, water truck, service truck, skid steer loader.
- High School Graduate or GED
- Willingness to learn, take direction and follow safe work procedures
- Willingness to work weekends and long hours during peak season
- Drug and alcohol free
- Capable of working outdoors year round
- Mechanical aptitude (helpful but not necessary)
- 1-2 year's industry experience (helpful but not necessary)
- Knowledge of welding, cutting, and fabrication (helpful but not necessary)
- Lubrication of all plant and fleet equipment - requires lifting of grease/lubrication containers (approximately 50 lbs.)
- Adding necessary fluids to any and all reservoirs and noting any additions on daily equipment sheets.
- Replacement of machine parts weighing as much as several hundred pounds.
- Perform pre startup inspections of assigned equipment. May require climbing up, over, and or on top of assigned equipment
- Ability to work in heights and sometimes tight space
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Barrett Paving Materials Inc. at or send an e-mail to: .
Barrett Paving Materials Inc. will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here .