Heavy Equipment Operator - Richmond
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Colas
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION
Operate hydraulic tracked or rubber tire excavator to excavate, load materials to complete all phases of grading work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all federal, state, local and company safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
2. Must be familiar with operation and limitations of various sizes and types of excavators.
3. Excavates and loads excavated materials onto trucks and stockpiles.
4. Awareness of underground utilities and overhead wires.
5. Will be responsible for cleanliness of machine, assures fueling, lubrication and servicing of excavator.
6. Perform all other duties deemed necessary or assigned.
1. One or more years experience
2. Overtime work is required including nights/weekends
3. Ability to operate an excavator to exact line and grade in varying ground conditions and depths.
4. Understanding of OSHA trenching requirements
5. Experience operating other heavy equipment
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
Drivers License; Understanding of grades and lasers
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to:various weather elements including inclement weather and temperatures; loud noise
PHYSICAL DEMANDS FOR JOB
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Standing 5% of time Carrying 5% of time
Walking 10% of time Lifting 5% of time
Sitting 60% of time Reaching 10% of time
Climbing 5% of time
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Branscome Inc. at or send an e-mail to: .
Branscome Inc. will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here .