BRANSCOME INC | Human Resources Generalist
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Colas
Branscome is one of the largest heavy highway and general contracting companies in the Mid-Atlantic region. Keeping our team healthy and safe is the most important aspect of our company. Branscome strives to provide advancement opportunities, professional education, and extensive training for every employee.
Primary Job Function
Assist the HR manager in completing the day to day needs of the HR department.
This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Conduct weekly new hire orientation training for 2 - 15 employees
- Initiate and complete the onboarding process for "weekly" new hires through SAP - SuccessFactors and JDE
- Prepare, maintain and update employee data - through SAP - SuccessFactors, JDE, and Onbase
- Assist employees with the enrollment and coordination of benefits including (but not limited to) medical, dental, flexible spending, ADP and 401k
- Manage data input and output for applicant tracking system (ATS)
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of corporate-wide events
- Assist with recruiting and screening candidates for current and future positions
- Interpret and implement HR policies, practices and procedures when questions arise (vacation, maternity leave, etc.)
- support the HR manager with high-level employee relations issues; manage more junior employee relations issues directly
- Process and maintain periodic reports for the HR manager
- Ensure consistent administration of company policies, and make recommendations as needed
- Review and evaluate documentation to include written corrective actions, suspensions, and termination of employment, etc., to ensure consistent application of company policies, federal and state laws
- Assist in conducting internal audits and recommend appropriate actions to correct any employment relations issues
- Exceptional communication skills, with the professional savvy of communicating effectively with all levels of employees, managers, and executives
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook skills
- Ability to handle matters of confidentiality discreetly and work with employees on issues requiring varying degrees of sensitivity
- Ability to organize and manage training and onboarding initiatives or a large workforce
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments
- Strong organization skills and pay high attention to detail
- Experience in recruiting or human resources at the administrative level
- Experience in a highly regulated industry (knowledge of OFCCP and DOT regulations)
- Knowledge of HRIS - SAP - SuccessFactors HR (employee central, recruiting, onboarding, and LMS modules) experience preferred
- Ability to analyze and interpret quantitative and qualitative data
- Experience working in multiple roles in support of a large team
- 3 - 5 years experience in construction or manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in HR or related field
- HR Certification such as (PHR, SPHR or SHRM-CP)
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Branscome Inc. at or send an e-mail to: .
Branscome Inc. will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here .
Don't have an email address?
Click here to create one!