Support Worker at Cranham Lodge - Gloucester GL3 (drivers only)
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Turning Point
Contract type : full-time / part-time / bank
Salary: GBP 16,546 per annum, GBP 8.60 per hour
Do you have a companionate and caring nature? Are you looking to make a difference to people's lives? Do you want to work in an environment where no 2 days are the same? Are you flexible with your working hours? Can you see yourself providing care to adults who need your support?
If you have answered a big YES to these questions we would love to hear from you.
At Turning Point, we support people with Learning Disabilities across England.
As a Support Worker, you will make a real difference to residents' lives as you improve their daily living skills. Passionate about people, you will enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress with us.
Where will I be working?
Our services in Gloucester provide a 24 hour supported living facility in providing care for adults with Learning Disabilities. We tailor our services to enable people to be as independent as possible.
Cranham is on a bus route, therefore much easier to access. Cranham lodge is a 24 hour supported living home for 8 tenants with PLMD (Profound multiple learning disabilities), we have six tenants with severe epilepsy with protocols to follow; they have eating and drinking guidelines which have been provided by SALT. We support the tenants with their medication and prepare and cook their meals throughout the day with full 1_1 support to assisting them to enjoy the meal that has been prepared. To take part and enjoy day to day daily living, including all aspects of intimate personal care. Also enjoy a wide range of person centered activities with full staff support such as attending hydro for hydrotherapy, art sessions, sailing, going on walks, use of public transport, going to the local Tesco for a food shop, day trips and visits to the cinema, local pubs and cafes and delivering the local news letter in the community which enables them to be part of the community that they live in. Staff would be prepared to drive the tenant's vehicles so they can access their chosen activity and be able to support them whilst there.
What will I be doing?
This is a hands-on job in which no two days are the same. Your duties will include_
- Promoting the independence of people we support
- Supporting a full range of daily activities including cleaning and cooking, days out, accessing the community.
- Arranging activities in the home and in the local community
- Developing residents' life skills and personal interests
- Helping residents stay safe and healthy
- Personal care, manual handling & helping with medication
- Ensuring record keeping is maintained to the required standard at all times and contributing to service monitoring requirements.
Whilst knowledge of learning disabilities and complex needs would be beneficial, it isn't essential. What is essential is that you are_
- Passionate, caring and enthusiastic
- Flexible, patient and non-judgemental
- A great team player with lots of energy
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills
- Able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling where needed.
This is a 24 hour service, therefore flexibility is essential.
Shift Patterns consist of mornings and afternoons 07:00-14:30, 07_30-15:00, 13_30-21:00, 14_30-22:00 Monday - Sunday
Night shifts_ 22_00-07:00.
Please note that the hours may vary.
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes_
* Comprehensive Learning and Development opportunities - we are Investors in People Silver accredited
* 28 days holiday, increasing with each year of service until 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
* Flexible benefit options including, bike to work schemes and season ticket loans
* Competitive Pension and Life Assurance scheme
* Employee Assistance Programme and access to online Health and Wellbeing support
* Flexible working patterns to support work/life balance
* Access to a wide range of discounts including Cinema, Groceries and Gym.
Why Turning Point?
We take pride in the services that we provide. There is one vision that everyone at Turning Point shares, which is held together by our values. These include believing in potential, communicating in a confident way, embracing change and treating each other as individuals.
Running services on a not-for-profit basis, we invest every penny back into our services - and, our people. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support people with Learning Disabilities to live fulfilling lives - here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job_ we offer you a career.