Support Worker in Thorton (BD13)
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Turning Point
Contract type : full-time 37 or 45 hours per week / part-time / bank
Salary: GBP 15.797 based on 37 hours / GBP 19.212 based on 45 hours
Do you have a caring nature? Are you looking to make a difference to people's lives? Do you want to work in an environment where no 2 days are the same? Are you flexible with your working hours? Can you see yourself providing care to adults who need your support?
If you have answered a big YES to these questions we would love to hear from you.
At Turning Point, we support people with Learning Disabilities across England.
As a Support Worker, you will make a real difference to residents' lives as you improve their daily living skills. Passionate about people, you will enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress with us.
Where will I be working?
You will be supporting individuals currently living in nursing services in the BD13 area_
Bedes Close : this is a 18 bed unit in the BD13 area located in West Bradford.
West Lane : this is a 12 bed unit in the BD13 area located in West Bradford.
1&2 Cuthbert's Close : this is a 12 bedded unit located in Queensbury in West Bradford
You will work as part of a large staff team covering various shift patterns including occasional night shifts.
Please note_ in this service we support people with complex learning disabilities and there are high levels of personal care involved.
What will I be doing?
This is a hands-on job in which no two days are the same. Your duties will include_
- Promoting the independence of people we support
- Supporting a full range of daily activities including cleaning and cooking, days out, or going away on holiday
- Arranging activities in the home and in the local community
- Personal care, manual handling & helping with medication
Whilst knowledge of learning disabilities and complex needs would be beneficial, it isn't essential. What is essential is that you are_
- Passionate, caring and enthusiastic
- Flexible, patient and non-judgemental
- A great team player with lots of energy
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills
- Able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling
These are 24 hour services, therefore flexibility is essential. You will be working a range of shifts from 7_00/8:00 am to 1_00/2:00pm and 1_00/2:00 pm to 9_00/10:00pm, sleep ins or waking nights, some weekends.
Please note that working hours may vary from service to service.
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes_
* Comprehensive Learning and Development opportunities - we are Investors in People Silver accredited
* 28 days holiday, increasing with each year of service until 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
* Flexible benefit options including, bike to work schemes and season ticket loans
* Competitive Pension and Life Assurance scheme
* Employee Assistance Programme and access to online Health and Wellbeing support
* Flexible working patterns to support work/life balance
* Access to a wide range of discounts including Cinema, Groceries and Gym.
Why Turning Point?
We take pride in the services that we provide. There is one vision that everyone at Turning Point shares, which is held together by our values. These include believing in potential, communicating in a confident way, embracing change and treating each other as individuals.
Running services on a not-for-profit basis, we invest every penny back into our services - and, our people. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support people with Learning Disabilities to live fulfilling lives - here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job_ we offer you a career.