Lead Network Engineer
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Lead Network Engineer
The Senior IS Network Engineer will have the following:
- Cisco Nexus Switching - Strong experience to expertise with Layer 2/3 routing and switching specifically with Cisco Nexus technology.
- Firewalls - strong understanding of roles they play in the network and an ability to support the physical hardware from a tier 1 level.
- Load Balancing - Strong understanding of the concepts behind load balancing from a tier 1 level.
- Network Protocols - Strong understanding of MPLS, STP, QoS, Multicast, DMVPN and Nexus VDC/vPC protocols.
- Experience architecting or designing solutions in a significant Cisco Nexus environment (5K, 7K and/or 9K Nexus product) as our primary focus.
- Leads program/project management for complex IS network related projects
- Designs network architecture and integration methodology related to introducing new systems and services
- Provides oversight of data equipment labs locally or remotely, and proof-of-concept activities with vendors involving research, test case execution for viability, performance, integration, and migration of new equipment, software, systems and that are often associated with an RFP or RFI
- Leads interaction with external partner organizations, such as NNEO Engineering, ADMT, RSO, CSO, and EPMO Support
- Creates and presents technical roadmap for IS network architecture
- Leads IS network strategy review meetings
- Creates and presents "root cause" analysis documents in response to service outages, performance degradation, maintenance activity/configuration errors
- Master's degree in related technical area is preferred
- Minimum 10 years relevant work experience
- Mastery of the relevant technologies
- Strong understanding of the business and industry
- Highly experienced in re-engineering/process improvement
- Strong change management skills; change agent
- Strong technical project management experience running cross-functional teams
- Certification(s) in relevant field of expertise (CCIE, CCDE) is preferred.
- Experience supporting mission-critical infrastructure in a fast-paced environment
ASR 1000 Routers; ISR 4000 Routers, Catalyst 2900, 4500, 6500 Switches; Nexus 1000v, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 7000, 9000 Switches, WLC 5500, 7500 controllers, ASA 5500 appliances, Cisco WAAS, Cisco UCS; Other Network Hardware: Riverbed Steelhead and Interceptor, Radware ADC; Gigamon, Palo Alto Firewalls; Network Technologies: TCP/IP, MPLS, STP, VTP, 802.1Q, QoS, Multicast, GRE tunneling, IPSEC, DMVPN, Nexus VDC/vPC, FabricPath, VXLAN, FCoE, FCIP, VoIP, VRF, DNS, NetFlow, IP SLA; Routing Protocols: EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, HSRP;
NetScout, IP address management/subnetting, statistical analysis, IPv4/IPv6, packet analysis, familiarity with current network security practices; Network Applications: Cisco Prime Infrastructure, Cisco ACS, Infoblox, Wireshark, Cisco ASDM, Cisco CSM, Cisco AnyConnect;
Remedy Ticketing, Citrix, Microsoft SharePoint;
Standards & Methodology:
ITIL, SOX, PCI, CPNI;
Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint;
Planning & Design:
Microsoft Project, Visio;
O/S and Software:
Windows 7, Red Hat, SSH, VPN Client, VMware