UX Research Assistant
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
Role: UX Research Assistant
Duration: 6 months
Our client is looking for a motivated UX Research Assistant to help the UX team in a project for 6 months.
The team is working on a new platform for modelling and honoring deals. Currently it supports buy-side deals. This year there is an ongoing onboarding of sell-side deals. The following year more deal types will be added into the platform, as well as yearly program updates for some existing deal types.
Adding a new deal type means developing a unique UI and Back End.The need to make sure they consider the specifics of every deal, and how their UI will support them.
Therefore it is crucial to conduct a few rounds of research for each deal type:
foundational research, where a Research assistant can own numerous tasks: assist with conducting interviews, take notes, summarize findings, make video highlights;
tactical testing of the resulting UI before implementing it, where a Research assistant can own the entire project: from writing a research plan to delivering a research report.
- Preparing user research activities
- Planning, observing and moderating usability testing sessions and interviews
- Administering questionnaires, surveys, and interviews
- Taking notes during user study sessions
- Analyzing qualitative data
- Creating reports
- Communicating findings from the study to the research lead
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science, related fields, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience preparing and conducting usability studies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; can present findings concisely and effectively.
- Detailed oriented and ability to work independently on a variety of tasks.
- Excellent analytical ability, especially with regard to observation of user behaviour.
- Experience with the following is a plus: web technology and standards, business applications, online ads, retail.
If youre interested in this role feel free to contact me so we can discuss further details. I look forward to hearing from you.