Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Sr. Network Engineer.
This individual will be doing LAN WAN network design engineering and third level support including wireless and VOIP. This role will have emphasis on routing and switching. Travel will take place for 25-30% of the time. Any Palo Alto or Cisco ACI experience will be key.
Core Job Requirements:
- Expertise with network engineering
- Ability to perform capacity and resource planning, assess risks, and recommend, design and implement plans for network systems
- Ability to troubleshoot to identify and correct malfunctions and help solve multi-faceted problems
- Working knowledge of network security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques
- Research, evaluate and recommend network-related software and hardware products and services
- Perform capacity and resource planning for network systems
- Assess network risks and perform contingency planning
- Provide input to supplier management team to help establish the telecommunications and network-related vendor service agreements
- Install, configure, and maintain telecommunications and network systems (hardware and software)
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical communications and network issues (tier three support)
- Provide input to supplier management team to help manage telecommunications and network-related vendor service level agreements
- Serve as a technical resource for infrastructure initiatives that require telecommunications or network expertise
- 8 or more years of work experience as a Senior Voice Engineer.
- Experience with Cisco Networking, VoIP, TDM Gateways, SIP, CUBEs, UC Platforms 10.X and up, CUCM, CUC, UCCX, Expressway, 3rd Party VoIP applications via GUI and CLI interfaces
- CCIE, CCNP, CCVP or equivalent experience required.
- Telco knowledge to process and execute porting and supporting UC tasks
- Plan, Design, and Implement Voice Over IP (VoIP) Networks to current platform
- Ability to configure VoIP components on Switches and Routers to support remote locations and SIP call delivery
- Interact and negotiate with app owners, project managers, vendors, consultants, and contractors to design and implement VoIP solutions
- LAN and WAN QoS configurations