Manager Engineering Voice and Unified Communications
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Manager Engineering Voice and Unified Communications. This individual will manage all VOIP voice and Cisco unified communications. They will have 3 direct reports and 2 dotted line reports. This company is converting from Avaya and Mitel to Cisco platform. This individual must have a degree and being double degreed is ever better. They need to have 2+ years of management experience and have experience with Cisco networking, VoIP, TDM gateways and have a CCIE, CCNP, and CCVP or equivalent experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build, manage, and lead a very strong team of Network Voice Engineers utilizing a combination of technical, administrative, supervisory, and leadership skills.
- Consolidate three disparate telephony systems onto one Cisco platform. Build and maintain the voice infrastructure environment so that it is architected to be cost effective, stable, scalable, and retain the appropriate capacity. Lead the team to develop and document technical standards for the voice infrastructure.
- Utilize your technical experience and the Network Engineering -Voice to manage the following three domains of the UC engineering environment to include:
- Cisco IP Networking
- Cisco Unified Communications (UC)
- Cisco Contact Center
- Partner effectively with other groups including our BRM, SDM, IT Procurement, Finance, Project Management and Delivery teams.
- Guide team to develop life cycle management capabilities for the voice systems to achieve and maintain the current environment that can take advantage of new features and functionality and to ensure that all voice elements are under a valid maintenance contract.
- Continually assess your team's strengths and weaknesses in order to make them successful with all challenges presented to them. Mentor, motivate and coach your team members to ensure the team, and individual, are successful, engaged, and motivated.
- Work closely with our Business Relationship Managers, PMs, and BAs to capture the project scope and requirements. Design solutions that are cost effective, stable, resilient and sized correctly.
- Partner closely with the Manager of Network Support who manage our Tier II Network Operations Team. Along with your team, act as an escalation point in order to maintain the effectiveness of all systems managed by the Voice Services organization.
- Partner closely with the Manager of Network Engineering to build a cohesive Network Architecture that supports all telephony, Unified Communications, and Contact Center applications.
- Eliminate repetitive problems within our voice infrastructure by conducting root cause analysis and implementing permanent corrective actions. Introduce new architectural solutions and standards as needed to improve the networking environment.
- Own and resolve VIP issues as they relate to Voice, UC, and Contact Center.
- Design and build Disaster Recovery solutions that will enable our operations to continue in the event of a declared emergency.
- Prior experience managing a high performing team tasked with Architecting and Engineering the Voice, UC, and call center infrastructure; including Tier III support to the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills at multiple levels in the organization including technical team members and executive leaders.
- Prior experience developing resource plans and budgets for projects and support that technical teams are tasked with, including equipment, vendor services, and internal labor.
- Prior experience developing and implementing processes and procedures.
- Prior experience managing telco partners
Preferred Experience with:
- Cisco Unified Communications
- Cisco Contact Center
- Data Center from a Voice Infrastructure perspective.
- Cisco Networking
- Carrier Management
- OEM Management
- Bachelor's Degree Required (Computer Science, Information Systems, Networking, Engineering)