Lead Mechanical Engineer
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by PF1Professional Services, Inc.
The successful candidate will have a track record of success in leading as a mechanical engineering and industrial designer, with an inspiring portfolio of products that have been transferred to manufacturing at scale.The Mechanical Engineering Leader is responsible for the curating best practices in mechanical engineering throughout the Enterprise, developing the skills of the global mechanical engineering team, and supporting product development and manufacturing colleagues.
Lead the Mechanical Engineering discipline at company's Winter Park Engineering Center.
Curate and motivate best practices in mechanical engineering company-wide.
Effectively manage time for his/her team, amongst many projects and stakeholders.
Accurately estimate design time for new projects.
Motivate and support on-time delivery of projects.
Interface with product management and manufacturing engineering leadership to ensure a smooth transition of engineered solutions to product delivery.
Recruit and retain top-level talent for your team.
- BS Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Materials Science or related engineering or scientific discipline required, MS Preferred.
- Leadership experience in a multidisciplinary setting.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience developing commercial products.
- Experience in design and tolerancing of plastics, injection molding, illumination sources, light measurement equipment, optics, electromechanics and/or fiber optics are a strong plus.
- Comfortable with all phases of the product development life cycle including design, implementation, debug, verification, qualification, and transfer to Manufacturing.
- Proficiency using CAD to design and document mechanisms; SolidWorks preferred.
- Hands-on engineering with ability to work well in a team environment.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Able to understand releasing controlled device documentation such as design specifications, test reports or analogous required. Candidate should feel comfortable with concepts of design input, design output, traceability, and risk analysis.
- Experience with thermal modelling/measurements and understanding of heat flow dynamics.
- Knowledge of component manufacturing processes.
- Proficient at process development and creation of assembly instructions.
- Ability to travel up to 10% time.
$50k - $75k Annual