Big Data Engineer
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Request Technology - Kyle Honn
Big Data Engineer
- Uses and learns a wide variety of tools including R, Python, Scala and any other future analytic systems or languages
- Researches and evaluates new tools and technologies to solve business problems
- Responsible for designing and building new Big Data applications for analysing data into actionable insights
- Drive projects from technical expertise.
- Partner with technology and the analytics community on big data efforts.
- Mentor other team members and participate in cross-training.
- Support highly available environments that are part of critical business processes.
- Utilize effective project planning techniques to break down highly complex projects into tasks, manage scope of projects, and ensure deadlines are kept.
- Keep up with current technology trends in the Big Data and Analytic space.
- Work on an geographically dispersed team embracing Agile and DevOps strategies for themselves and others while driving adoption to enable greater technology and business value
- Experience in Java, Spark, Python and/or Scala
- Experience with source control solutions (ex git, GitHub)
- Experience managing and manipulating large datasets.
- Experience and solid understanding of Bigdata ecosystems such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka
- Experience with various data types (eg Relational, Unstructured, Hierarchical, Linked Graph Data)
- Experience with database & ETL technologies
- Experience developing large-scale distributed applications in Cloudera Hadoop, Hive, and/or Impala
- Ability to analyze and solve problems in a creative and innovative fashion
- Ability to research and document project design, approach and architecture
- Ability to engage subject matter experts and translate business goals into actionable solutions
- 3+ Years of experience in relevant technologies.
- Bachelors/Masters degree, preferably in a Computing or Information Sciences field.
- Intermediate UNIX/Linux skills.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: Java, Scala, Python.
- Fundamental knowledge of SQL.
- Understanding of JSON, AVRO, Parquet, XML etc.
If this is an opportunity that you're interested in please email your resume to: