Components and Radiation Survivability Engineer
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Collins Aerospace
United States of America
HCT04: ISR Systems - Danbury 100 Wooster Heights Rd, Danbury, CT, 06810 USA
We at Mission Systems, a division of Collins Aerospace, are world leaders in high reliability, space based, electro-optical systems, providing intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance capabilities that are critical to our nation's security. We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced COMPONENTS AND RADIATION SURVIVABILITY ENGINEER in our Danbury, CT facility, just one hour north of NYC.
As aCOMPONENTS AND RADIATION SURVIVABILITY ENGINEER, you will provide expertise in space environment modeling/analysis, electronic components selection and application in the orbital environments. You will work as a member of several integrated product teams to implement environmental models, provide analysis and support documentation/testing to show suitability to requirements. Your role will be to support the Team Lead in Survivability Analysis, Customer Interface, SDRL Organization/Creation, Customer Review Preparation and Presentations, Basis of Estimate Preparation for Proposal Labor Hours, Definition of Radiation Testing, Materials and Facility Costs, Materials and Components Research and compliance with Program Survivability Requirements, Preparation of standard documentation including Parts and Materials Purchasing, Testing and Usage documents.
Education / Certifications
BS degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering or related. Master's Degree a plus.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of related experience.
- Radiation Effects Analysis on electronic devices including TID/DDD and Single Event Effects
- Translating and communicating the requirements to the Electrical Designers, Supplier Quality Assurance, Supply Chain, and Electrical Manufacturing Engineering.
- Preparing component procurement specifications, drawings and Statements of Work (SOW) for Custom devices.
- Reviewing the Customers' requirements regarding Electrical Component Quality, Product Assurance, Reliability and the equipment's operating environments including the Radiation environments (Total Dose and Single Event Effects).
- Managing the Preliminary Electrical Parts List and supporting the Supply Chain so electrical parts may be procured as soon as possible.
- Establish requirements for Component Procurement Specifications
- Preparing test plans and procedures for Heavy Ion testing and Proton testing.
- Interpreting Radiation Lab test results, data reduction and generating formal test reports.
- Reviewing supplier quotes for adequacy.
- Identifying Alternate Components to mitigate schedule problems associated with Component Lead times and to mitigate component obsolescence.
- Reviewing and Assessing GIDEP Alerts for potential impacts.
- Preparing and delivering PowerPoint presentations to the Customer's Parts Control Board (PCB)
- Knowledge of Radiation Modeling Tools is desirable (Novice, SpaceRAD)
- Component Engineering for NASA or Military programs (development through flight)
- High-reliability (Mil-class S,V and K) electrical parts control requirements (selection, qualification, traceability, inspection)
- Military specifications and Military part numbers
- Components' construction, manufacturing processes and failure modes and mechanisms
CANDIDATE MUST BE A US CITIZEN: single citizenship only
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition .
Associated topics: circuit, c++, c#, c c++, computer science, electrical, electronic, informatic, robotics, software