Program Quality Assurance Engineer
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Collins Aerospace
United States of America
HCT08: ISR Corporate - Danbury 100 Wooster Heights Rd, Danbury, CT, 06810 USA
We at Mission Systems, a division of Collins Aerospace, are world leaders in high reliability, space based, electro-optical systems, providing intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance capabilities that are critical to our nation's security. We have a fantastic opportunity for a PROGRAM QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER in our Danbury, CT facility.
This position reports directly to the Quality Engineering Manager. As Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be responsible to develop and execute the Program Plan and lead quality improvement activities in targeted areas of the organization in support of the business plan. You will provide quality assurance support to internal and external customers, suppliers and Collins SBU partners. In addition, you will execute the Quality Assurance strategy of the organization to ensure continuous production of products consistent with customer requirements, government regulations and established industry standards.
- Lead and manage Quality Assurance requirements - including all contractual flow-downs on contractual products in support of manufacturing, procurement, test, and customer returns areas.
- Review and approval of all drawings, specifications, and manufacturing operation documents to understand and translate engineering and system-level functional requirements into inspection requirements for inspectors.
- Participate in all aspects of product development and be the primary customer interface with respect to managing all required source inspections and audits. Serves as customer advocate during the internal decision making process and primary interface with DCMA and customer quality representatives.
- Monitor compliance to contractual requirements and documented procedures and assure compliance of deliverable end items. Report regularly on progress and recommend recovery/mitigation plans to both quality and program management.
- Facilitate Material Review Board (MRB) functions and disposition of all non-conformances as the chair of the MRB team, including dimensional, performance, cosmetic, and workmanship issues.
- Apply SPC as necessary to analyze product & process performance to recommend and implement improvements in targeted areas of the organization. Continuously evaluate program process capability, control plans, analysis of out-of-control conditions and audits with the objective of improving process performance and capability.
- Working knowledge & experience with:
- NASA 8739 & J-STD-001 w/ Space Addendum
- MIL-PRF13830 & ISO 10110
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
- AS 9100, AS9102 & ISO 9001 in addition to other industry-specific standards and regulations.
- Experience supporting optical, mechanical and electrical products in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with metrology equipment (CMM, autocollimators, interferometers, measure scopes, etc.).
- Experience in preparing Inspection and Manufacturing Operation instructions.
- Analytical Problem Solving - Understands problem solving methods - i.e. 8D, root cause analysis, Fishbone, Sologic, 5 Why, etc. - and the associated statistical tools used to analyze problems.
- Well versed in Cost of Quality and specifically the Cost of Non-Conformance. Uses Cost of Quality metrics and trends to identify opportunities for improvement and waste reduction. Ability to solve problems of typical scope and complexity.
- ASQ Certification is preferred (CQE).
- Six sigma experience or LEAN, knowledge of Lean Product Development (LPD) and Continuous Improvement (CI) is preferred
- Excellent communication skills and forward planning skills
- MS Office proficiency, SAP experience, and statistical analysis software packages
- Customer focus and satisfaction
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition .
Associated topics: automation, performance test, process, qa, quality assurance, quality assurance analyst, quality assurance lead, software quality engineer, software quality assurance engineer, test