Specialist, Quality Assurance
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Collins Aerospace
United States of America
HCT04: ISR Systems - Danbury 100 Wooster Heights Rd, Danbury, CT, 06810 USA
We at Mission Systems, a division of Collins Aerospace, are world leaders in high reliability, space based, electro-optical systems, providing intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance capabilities that are critical to our nation's security. We have a fantastic opportunity for anexperienced Specialist, Quality Assurance in our Danbury, CT facility.
We are looking for a Specialist, Quality Assurance who will be responsible for developing and executing the Program Plan and lead quality improvement activities in targeted areas of the organization in support of the business plan. Your role will be to:
- Lead and manage Quality Assurance requirements - including all contractual flow-downs on contractual products in support of manufacturing, procurement, test, and customer returns areas
- Review and approve all drawings, specifications, and manufacturing operation documents to understand and translate engineering and system-level functional requirements into inspection requirements for inspectors
- Participate in all aspects of product development and be the primary customer interface with respect to managing all required source inspections and audits. Serve as customer advocate during the internal decision making process and primary interface with DCMA and customer quality representatives
- Monitor compliance to contractual requirements and documented procedures and assure compliance of deliverable end items.
- Facilitate Material Review Board (MRB) functions and disposition of all non-conformances as the chair of the MRB team, including dimensional, performance, cosmetic, and workmanship issues
- Apply SPC as necessary to analyze product & process performance to recommend and implement improvements in targeted areas of the organization. Continuously evaluate program process capability, control plans, analysis of out-of-control conditions and audits with the objective of improving process performance and capability.
- Execute the initiatives of the organization in the development, implementation and improvement of the appropriate Quality Management Systems throughout the operation, with all the documentation required. This includes providing advanced quality planning support in the development and launch of new products, processes and services.
- Working knowledge & experience with:
- NASA 8739 & J-STD-001 w/ Space Addendum
- MIL-PRF13830 & ISO 10110
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
- AS 9100, AS9102 & ISO 9001 in addition to other industry-specific standards and regulations.
- Experience supporting optical, mechanical and electrical products in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with metrology equipment (CMM, autocollimators, interferometers, measure scopes, etc.)
- Experience in preparing Inspection and Manufacturing Operation instructions
- Analytical Problem Solving - Understands problem solving methods - i.e. 8D, root cause analysis, Fishbone, Sologic, 5 Why, etc. - and the associated statistical tools used to analyze problems
- Well versed in Cost of Quality and specifically the Cost of Non-Conformance. Uses Cost of Quality metrics and trends to identify opportunities for improvement and waste reduction.
- ASQ Certification is preferred (CQE).
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition .
Associated topics: automation, performance test, process, prevention, quality assurance, quality assurance lead, software quality, software quality assurance, software quality engineer, test engineer